Active Topics

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by EasternPA View Post
Went to 0.4.1 and latest kernel. OSK is back but crashes after one use. ADB hasn't worked for me under Linux in 0.4.x at all. Has the device id changed again? Is it time for a new version of adb?

I believe the system clock interface may have been improved, as I didn't have to set the date and time after reformatting for this install. Software directory comes up reliably now but I still can't install software without an SD card.
Remembered to check the "use debug bridge" box in settings ?

can you explain the "select partition sizes" bit? I just hit enter through that thinking that it was done automatically, and the installation seemed to go fine. But then it got stuck at "first boot" for over an hour.

Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
Remembered to check the "use debug bridge" box in settings ?
It seems like I'm missing a setting like that somewhere. In Settings, Applications, Development, I have USB debugging turned on. If there's an actual Use Debug Bridge switch somewhere else, please show me the way! This is crazy!

EDIT: Just for the logs. I had an old forked adb server process hanging around that needed to be killed. Once I killed it, the new adb is working just fine with 0.4.2 on my box.

Last edited by EasternPA; 2009-01-30 at 15:41.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Originally Posted by drizek View Post
can you explain the "select partition sizes" bit? I just hit enter through that thinking that it was done automatically, and the installation seemed to go fine. But then it got stuck at "first boot" for over an hour.
Basicallly, when it runs sfdisk, you need three partitions.

To make them (we'll use a 2GB card as this example), you enter something like this:
Code:
,1024,C (This creates a 1024MB partition for DOS)
,1,L (This creates a 1MB dummy partition)
,,L (This uses all the other free space to make a third partition that NITdroid installs to.
,, (This says that you don't want a fourth partition)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakemaheu For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I took my SD card and put it in a card reader and reran the script. Then at the end I put it back in my n800, flashed it and now it works.

wonder if there is any wifi power management tools to lower the consumption of power by wifi like in maemo?

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by yxyxx View Post
wonder if there is any wifi power management tools to lower the consumption of power by wifi like in maemo?
No, the stlc45xx open source driver doesn't do much power management, probably is worth looking into the p54 SPI driver which targets exactly the same hardware.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
New 0.4.2 release.

Last edited by solca; 2009-01-30 at 08:06. Reason: Fix link.

The Following User Says Thank You to solca For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by solca View Post
No, the stlc45xx open source driver doesn't do much power management, probably is worth looking into the p54 SPI driver which targets exactly the same hardware.
so hmm, nitroid running on n810 transmits wifi signals at 100mW i supposed?

cause the battery ran out in 2 hours using Wifi throughout

thanks for making android possible in n810 anyway. a great mobile OS i would say!

Can i boot maemo without flashing the n810 again?

Tags
android, nitdroid, release