Active Topics

Originally Posted by dan View Post
Here is my current setup.
MMC1 has Easy Debian. I did this so I could easily back it up to my computer in case of corruption of Easy Debian(which happens regularly when installing unknown apps from Synaptic manager). MMC2 has dual boot with a large swap partition and KDE v4. it also holds all my Hildon apps. Now fatalsaint you are saying leave MMC2 alone and go and repartition MMC1 with full Debian gnome. Would I be able to keep and move Easy Debian to MMC2 and put Gnome Debian in MMC1? The reason I would like to keep Easy Debian is because it is such a beautifully simple setup which allows me to switch between my Hildon and Debain at same time and I can then boot into KDE from Extra menu.
My dream is to have full Gnome Debian, full KDE(without booting into it) and Hildon all working through Extra menu and that I could easily switch between all three environments like I do now with Easy Debian and Hildon. TIA
Correct.. if you are using the easy debian .img file then all you need to do is move that file from MMC1 to MMC2; (may require changing your /home/user/.chroot file to point to new location); and your chrooted debian should still work.

Then totally kill MMC1 and go through the Deblet installation instructions (U will want to modify config.py to only load nit-env-x; not nit-env-stskeeps which will give you XFCE4).. once you get all the way done with that; before you reboot; you'll want to go through B-man's gnome steps at the start of this thread; apt-get install gnome; and edit the varying config files.. When you are all done (whew!) you may want to (if you haven't already/partition scheme hasn't changed):

Reboot Tablet into Flash
Remove Penguinbait's Installtools if you have it installed
Install Penguinbait's Bootloader (identifies all ext3 partitions and allows you to boot to them)

When done.. reboot and boot into MMC1.. you should get all the way into Gnome on Deblet.

Now for the chroot; if you want to run 2 chroot's simultaneously you will have to create two /home/user/.chroot scripts; one for each environment.. then part of your script start, say, gnome will have to include something along the lines of:

Code:
mv /home/user/.chroot /home/user/.chroot-kde
mv /home/user/.chroot-gnome /home/user/.chroot
sudo debian xpice
That probably isn't exact.. but gives you an idea of what it'll take. You'll also to fix your original scripts to mv the chroot-kde file back to chroot, and the chroot to chroot-gnome..

Not very elegant.. but I am not sure how else you'll use the chroot scripts for two environments.

ETA: And if you plan to use Deblet in a chroot you need to create the xpice script from scratch.. which Qole has already pasted it in his other thread that we can go find if you need it/get this far
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2008-08-07 at 16:58.

I think it would be easier for me reprogram the entire NASA, NSA, CIA, IRS, Chinese, Russian and UK defense computer systems simultenously while being submersed in a tank of molten lava. I'll give it a try. Thanks LOL, Dan

Last edited by dan; 2008-08-07 at 21:11.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think it would be easier for me reprogram the entire NASA, NSA, CIA, IRS, Chinese, Russian and UK defense computer systems simultenously while being submersed in a tank of molten lava. I'll give it a try. Thanks LOL, Dan
If you accomplish this, please post a how-to and some screen shots. I'm especially interested in seeing what you have to do for the UK defense computer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I'd like to see the molten lava part
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Molten lava? That'd be the CIA for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
No molten lava yet. I haven't started. I did manage to get a rare unpublished shot of the head of ITT for MI6.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to dan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
http://trac.tspre.org/projects/nit-d...an-flashplayer , http://trac.tspre.org/projects/nit-d...an-flashplayer

For the others, it's a matter of making a link to the /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libdebianflashplayer.so. It is the tablet's libflashplayer.so, with a support library that fake some unused hildon methods - not Gnash or Swfdec etc, it's adobe flashplayer.
OK! I really, really want this in my Easy Debian Ice Weasel Browser like Qole did. How do you I go about doing it ? TIA

You wait for me to make a package :-)

I'm waiting... enough already!
Your Easy Debian is my favorite environment.

Is it possible to put KDE into it without it going nuts? Heck I'm waiting for you to port the entire Debian environment with all 20,000 + apps. Gimp is so much fun.

I might have one bug to report. Ever since I installed Easy Debian my old light and sound icons at top come back and knockout my advanced light/sound icons. I don't know if Debian caused it but I haven't added any apps other than Debian since it started happening. Has anyone reported this other than me?

Keep up the great work!

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Have some more cool screenshots
This is kinda like a mix of the vista theme and gnome :
(Without the lock-ups, crashes or, blue screen of corce )
Attached Images

My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Tags
debian, deblet, gnome