Notices

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
Originally Posted by Abemelek View Post
i installed it according to the instruction but when i open the program it closes it before it finishes loading. Any idea?
You are either missing or have a damaged python-gtk2

You need to either install python-gtk2 or if it's damaged just remove the package and reinstall. The other option is also to install a python app which includes the gtk2 like maemo-python-device-env.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by Bijiont View Post
You are either missing or have a damaged python-gtk2

You need to either install python-gtk2 or if it's damaged just remove the package and reinstall. The other option is also to install a python app which includes the gtk2 like maemo-python-device-env.
i installed maemo-python-device-env, but i'm still experiencing the same problem.

this looks awesome...I hope some issues get iron out soon so we noobs can play with it more....

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I've seem to have found a little bug and removed feature.

1) After starting a drawing, then creating a new layer and drawing on it. You can no long zoom in or out using the command keys or menu keys. You get an error saying "A programming error has been detected during the execution of the program"

- choices to click details.. or quit.

2) Is there still a way beside xterm to reassign command keys? It used to be in the edit menu

Hopefully this helps. And if there's anything else I can do to help you test this please ask. Also should I file this in a bugziila post too?

x

- details of the error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
	File "/usr/share/mypaint/gui/drawwindow.py", line 1268, zoom_cb(self=<Window object at 0x42341648 (HildonStackableWindow at 0xb87038)>, action=<gtk.Action object at 0x429097b0 (GtkAction at 0xbdab40)>)
				def zoom_cb(self, action):
						self.zoom(action.get_name())
				def rotate_cb(self, action):
	variables: {'self.zoom': ('local', <bound method Window.zoom of <Window object at 0x42341648 (HildonStackableWindow at 0xb87038)>>), 'action.get_name': ('local', <built-in method get_name of gtk.Action object at 0x429097b0>)}
	File "/usr/share/mypaint/gui/drawwindow.py", line 1290, zoom(self=<Window object at 0x42341648 (HildonStackableWindow at 0xb87038)>, command='ZoomOut')
						z = self.zoomlevel_values[self.zoomlevel]
						self.tdw.set_zoom(z)
	variables: {'z': ('local', 0.66666666666666663), 'self.tdw.set_zoom': ('local', <bound method TiledDrawWidget.set_zoom of <TiledDrawWidget object at 0x43133a80 (GtkDrawingArea at 0xe7dc00)>>)}
	File "/usr/share/mypaint/gui/tileddrawwidget.py", line 383, set_zoom(self=<TiledDrawWidget object at 0x43133a80 (GtkDrawingArea at 0xe7dc00)>, zoom=0.66666666666666663)
						def f(): self.scale = zoom
						self.rotozoom_with_center(f)
	variables: {'self.rotozoom_with_center': ('local', <bound method TiledDrawWidget.rotozoom_with_center of <TiledDrawWidget object at 0x43133a80 (GtkDrawingArea at 0xe7dc00)>>), 'f': ('local', <function f at 0x43078d70>)}
	File "/usr/share/mypaint/gui/tileddrawwidget.py", line 358, rotozoom_with_center(self=<TiledDrawWidget object at 0x43133a80 (GtkDrawingArea at 0xe7dc00)>, function=<function f at 0x43078d70>)
						else:
								w, h = self.window.get_size()
								cx, cy = w/2.0, h/2.0
	variables: {'h': (None, None), 'w': (None, None)}
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_size'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
I've seem to have found a little bug and removed feature.

1) After starting a drawing, then creating a new layer and drawing on it. You can no long zoom in or out using the command keys or menu keys. You get an error saying "A programming error has been detected during the execution of the program"
Now fixed in latest build (forgot to remove experimental feature...) Thanks for pointing it out!

Originally Posted by xman View Post
2) Is there still a way beside xterm to reassign command keys? It used to be in the edit menu
You can disable the Fremantle application menu - and thus reassign
shortcuts in the classic gui by tap->hold menuitem and press the desired key... Just put an empty file named gtk_menu in the .mypaint directory in /home/user.
Or edit the .mypaint/accelmap.conf file.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
@abemelek: I had the same problem, and after running from console, found it was complaining about python-osso. So installed that, and now it works great.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dominican Republic
When does it get finished?

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
Works VERY well. This is my replacement for PocketArtist on windows mobile, and Alias Sketchpad on the iPhone. Leaps and bounds more useful too. A few brushes of course require too much processing to be used, but a very very very application port.

The Following User Says Thank You to shinkamui For This Useful Post:
What if developer enable GPU acceleration?

Any short-easy guide to install Mypaint?

Tags
mypaint, sketching