Active Topics

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2008 @ London
I know this isn't a dream thread, but my perfect device right now, would be a ASUS Eee Pad Transformer like device that could multi-boot Meego, Honeycomb, Chrome OS, And if its any good the new Windows OS when it comes out. Oh, and I still really want an infrared transmitter. Damn useful that is.

The Following User Says Thank You to *the_newbie* For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
To my surprise, I just discovered mine is going to be delivered ... today!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Had a few hours with one almost a week back. Seriously... this is a nice tablet. I'm using the MyWater.apk live wallpaper for my background on my Xoom, as well as the Weather widget from the Asus Transformer.

I'm not a fan of the backing (felt cheap); but everything else is on point with this tablet.

Now... if only I can find a damn video player that can play *.divx files and I'll be happy.
Clap-clap! Done!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
BTW: Engadget mentioned that you can get the eee pad for I think $360 at Target. But you have to pay state tax and will have to wait a week or two to actually receive it.

Correction: Not Engadget but Liliputing, and you also have to pay shipping.

liliputing.com/2011/05/target-offering-the-asus-eee-pad-transformer-for-360.html

Last edited by geneven; 2011-05-02 at 20:46.

I did get my EEE Pad today, from Amazon, and it was quite an adjustment. You know, the N900 is so fast and straightforward -- everything just works.

For awhile I was stuck with a blank screen and couldn't figure out how to do anything. But I slowly started to figure things out. I think I'll hold on to my opinions for a few days while I learn more. Right now I'm charging it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Check this out:

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer vs iPad 2 - Product Tour NCIX Tech Tips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rm8NQAib-A

"It started up as an ipad vs asus pad video. By the end, the ipad had run away and hidden itself."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I did get my EEE Pad today, from Amazon, and it was quite an adjustment. You know, the N900 is so fast and straightforward -- everything just works.

For awhile I was stuck with a blank screen and couldn't figure out how to do anything. But I slowly started to figure things out. I think I'll hold on to my opinions for a few days while I learn more. Right now I'm charging it.
When did you place your order?

Check out the video I posted, and check other hands-on videos too, it might help you to figure out some of the "kinks" of Honeycomb.

The main thing I miss on my DHD from my lost N900 is the ability to view every application I have open on one screen... proper multitasking or task switching.

How does it handle hulu.com? Is it sluggish (e.g., Could use it, but painful &/or requires great patience) or slick (e.g., Could use it on a regular basis without pulling out hair)?

How about medici.tv (sorry, I'm a classical music fan)?

How about Google Docs -- can you see yourself viewing, editing & creating content on a semi-regular basis without gnashing of teeth?

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I just had a glimpse of the future, and I can totally imagine Apple including a keyboard accessory on its device, similar to this implementation.

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
I just had a glimpse of the future, and I can totally imagine Apple including a keyboard accessory on its device, similar to this implementation.
What of the Macbook Air??

Tags
decepticons, transformer, want one