Active Topics

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Did a google search, and you gotta love
I don't understand men. I found that only annoying.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Isn't is kind of hypocritical that some on this thread are being attacked for saying how the iphone has tons of games? Or is it just deceiving ourselves?
All I'm gonna say to that is ignorance is bliss.

Of course that goes to people in both camps... but (the archetypical) iPhone users are not supposed to care about much of the details of their gadgets whereas the users here are the ones supposed to be more analytical and understand the intricacies of mobile gadgets and their ecosystem.

So yeah, imho you're right on the last point...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

ugh . . . can there be a new subforum under general for trolling and mildly sexist fanboyism?

The Following User Says Thank You to mrexcess For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Amen LOL I mean seriously - WTF! What was that all about, games? Here we do serious stuff like installing Android, MeeGo, Ubuntu etc etc as well lots of discussions about the future of the mobile phone industry. We don't bother with girlish games

Let girls be girls and men be men
What do you mean? To be a man you have to go type stuff in the terminal? And load 100s of OS that are partially incompatible in your phone? You know what what you are suggesting is that to be a man you have to get frustrated with this kinda stuff. I can guarantee that iPhone users are more relaxed than phones using other OS. Damn when the hell are you guys gonna stop being stubborn and actually agree with the right thing? You know it yourself.
Remember Steve jobs is an alien - he can make anything possible. He is new to the phone market , and has already dominated it
iPhone users don't have to worry. Even the old iPhone 3G has iOS4, and the iPhone users didn't even have to beg for it.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by anwar71839 View Post
What do you mean? To be a man you have to go type stuff in the terminal? And load 100s of OS that are partially incompatible in your phone? You know what what you are suggesting is that to be a man you have to get frustrated with this kinda stuff. I can guarantee that iPhone users are more relaxed than phones using other OS. Damn when the hell are you guys gonna stop being stubborn and actually agree with the right thing? You know it yourself.
Remember Steve jobs is an alien - he can make anything possible. He is new to the phone market , and has already dominated it
iPhone users don't have to worry. Even the old iPhone 3G has iOS4, and the iPhone users didn't even have to beg for it.
You just don't get it, do ya? A man got to do what a man got to do. Or he won't be a man. Suit yourself. Android we can stomach (hardly but still), iOS - not so much.

Steve Jobs dominating the phone market is up for debate with his 2 percent global market share. But I can give you the benefit of the doubt. He probably is dominating some of the younger female uptown classes in various western markets, but that's about it.

Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
Just as well haven't you seen all those sex games/strip pokers/hentai games/whatnot in addition to all these stupid fart toys etc that are clearly aimed at men?

Point is that that's a pointless argument.
You actually search that stuff?

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
You just don't get it, do ya? A man got to do what a man got to do. Or he won't be a man
That is exactly the speech of a guy who is really, really insecure and has to boost his ego by doing things that are really "manly"

Ugh, I'd never date one like that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
You just don't get it, do ya? A man got to do what a man got to do. Or he won't be a man. Suit yourself. Android we can stomach (hardly but still), iOS - not so much.

Steve Jobs dominating the phone market is up for debate with his 2 percent global market share. But I can give you the benefit of the doubt. He probably is dominating some of the younger female uptown classes in various western markets, but that's about it.
You are the one who is not getting it I am talking about phone market and I don't care about what Steve does with females. Quit stalking him if you don't like iphone. Who cares about how many percent of stock he has in global market share, apple stock is rising fast, really fast; and iPhone plays a huge part in it

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by anwar71839 View Post
You are the one who is not getting it I am talking about phone market and I don't care about what Steve does with females. Quit stalking him if you don't like iphone. Who cares about how many percent of stock he has in global market share, apple stock is rising fast, really fast; and iPhone plays a huge part in it
You know what. A phone is a social gadget. It connects people, among other things. As a social gadget it sort of tells a story about you as a person in this complex web of human relations that constitutes our society. What it boils down to, in a social context, is very simple; Who do you want to be in these social relations described and here. Simple things, you were certain clothes, drive a certain car, have a certain hair style - and - use a certain phone.

You know what. A phone is a social gadget. It connects people, among other things. As a social gadget it sort of tells a story about you as a person in this complex web of human relations that constitutes our society. What it boils down to, in a social context, is very simple; Who do you want to be in these social relations described and here. Simple things, you were certain clothes, drive a certain car, have a certain hair style - and - use a certain phone.
Most of those posts are just trolls. Openness don't matter anymore, because people with imagination are investing their time on the closed side. There's enough talk over this stupid topic, somebody close the thread. Let's just contribute to the forum.

Tags
iphone, losers hating, other losers, subjective