Active Topics

Notices

dude from india.

well stupid thing does not bring me down. like 3g vedio caling.

i m also from india if want to make vedio calling buy a cheap micromax phone with 1ghz cpu with andriod 2.2 i guess that will solve your problem.

just remmber my n900 is perfect for me. i do vedio calling with friend via google talk and skype from phone it so cool.

i can run movie from my passport 120 gb via usb.

i can make phone as a keyborad and mose for my desktop and can also see what going on my labtop or pc via bluemaeon and vnc

this phone is virus free and you can overclock it to run easy deb or to run kubuntu+mer

last thing is that u have xterminal.

inshort if you not into software then this phone is not for you, just get out. even iphone 4 dont have 3g vedio calling go and check it that only support skype vedio.

use SKYPE with 3G

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by salcykhan View Post
dude from india.

well stupid thing does not bring me down. like 3g vedio caling.

i m also from india if want to make vedio calling buy a cheap micromax phone with 1ghz cpu with andriod 2.2 i guess that will solve your problem.

just remmber my n900 is perfect for me. i do vedio calling with friend via google talk and skype from phone it so cool.

i can run movie from my passport 120 gb via usb.

i can make phone as a keyborad and mose for my desktop and can also see what going on my labtop or pc via bluemaeon and vnc

this phone is virus free and you can overclock it to run easy deb or to run kubuntu+mer

last thing is that u have xterminal.

inshort if you not into software then this phone is not for you, just get out. even iphone 4 dont have 3g vedio calling go and check it that only support skype vedio.
woot ^ !
You sir are Bored and dont want to accept the reality.

Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
1.You never tried FM radio I assume.There is Fm radio for N900.just install it.
i tryed all the 3 fm radio app (and I use everyday of them) done by the community... and OF COURSE!! THX a lot, withouth you my fm receiver is useless.... but....!!!

.....i'm so sorry, none of the 3 app work as good as the radio application on my old n78 so, can I be angry with nokia because they didn't make a little effort to provide e simple but working fm radio application ?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Chennai
Originally Posted by Mr.Rent View Post
i tryed all the 3 fm radio app (and I use everyday of them) done by the community... and OF COURSE!! THX a lot, withouth you my fm receiver is useless.... but....!!!

.....i'm so sorry, none of the 3 app work as good as the radio application on my old n78 so, can I be angry with nokia because they didn't make a little effort to provide e simple but working fm radio application ?
hey bro the fm radio worked in my 900 with an app from the maemo community ,,,

Originally Posted by Turkishflavor View Post
use SKYPE with 3G
perhaps skype works well in wifi itself rather than waiting for a 3G

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Tons of sites like wikipedia and gsm arena mention that video call only works over skype. If you don't check those sites before purchase only you are to blame.

Originally Posted by redscorpionkiller View Post
hey bro the fm radio worked in my 900 with an app from the maemo community ,,,
what app? the one called fm radio ?

for me works 70% of the times I switched it on... otherwise I have to plug and unplug the earphone, raise an hand..pray..jump..and maybe it works again..or reboot...than finally it works, maybe it's a problem of my phone..maybe it's not!

if you use it sometimes..well maybe you don't even notice the bugs.. i'm an every day user and it's frustrating 8.45 am riding my bike and waiting for a radio signal....with a 500 euros mobile phone... ok no 3g video call, use skype...but a stupid a fm radio app!?! two different chipset for radio and bluetooth?

don't tell me use another phone because I love n900 but there are things difficult to understand regarding this phone and I'm not satisfied of listening "use skype..." "ohhh there's an app from the community..."

BTW ..... I use skype for texting and sometimes calling or videcalling, but I can't use it to receive files....!?!?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Rent For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rent View Post
what app? the one called fm radio ?

for me works 70% of the times I switched it on... otherwise I have to plug and unplug the earphone, raise an hand..pray..jump..and maybe it works again..or reboot...than finally it works, maybe it's a problem of my phone..maybe it's not!

if you use it sometimes..well maybe you don't even notice the bugs.. i'm an every day user and it's frustrating 8.45 am riding my bike and waiting for a radio signal....with a 500 euros mobile phone... ok no 3g video call, use skype...but a stupid a fm radio app!?! two different chipset for radio and bluetooth?

don't tell me use another phone because I love n900 but there are things difficult to understand regarding this phone and I'm not satisfied of listening "use skype..." "ohhh there's an app from the community..."

BTW ..... I use skype for texting and sometimes calling or videcalling, but I can't use it to receive files....!?!?

lawlz ,,,, chillax and yeah am talkin abt that 'fm radio' app from the maemo community and sorry that i am not used to hear fm radio's and so i dont use that app much

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
I was just looking at N900 specs on Nokia site, and i found this :

damn nokia lied !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, double rainbow, tech unicorns