Active Topics

FINALLY IT WORKS! I remember i already did that but i guess im wrong. Thanks alot btw! =D

Guys,
If you want an easy right click I discovered using otg adapter by Jolouis with mouse you get instant right click on any menu.The mouse works on all apps I've tried so far on KDE. Also the cjk keyboard for foreign text is the best keyboard I have used on KDE thus far. Does numbers and text easily. If someone can how me how to do a screen shot in KDE I will take some screen shots to show right and keyboard. Hope this helps. Dan

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by dan View Post
Guys,
If you want an easy right click I discovered using otg adapter by Jolouis with mouse you get instant right click on any menu.The mouse works on all apps I've tried so far on KDE. Also the cjk keyboard for foreign text is the best keyboard I have used on KDE thus far. Does numbers and text easily. If someone can how me how to do a screen shot in KDE I will take some screen shots to show right and keyboard. Hope this helps. Dan
I'd love to see some screen shots of your mouse usage

To get a screen shot in KDE use MH Shot Tool (a Maemo app that works in KDE) or KSnapshot (included in KDE install)

Here are some screens shots of KDE using right click on mouse and the cjk keyboard. The mouse does not show in screen shots but the pointer is the size of a pc mouse pointer. On screen very fast and right clicking, left/right mouse and scroll wheel all work. Thanks to Penguinbait on KDE, and Jolouis and Benson on otg adapter and mouse and the guys who did the work on the cjk keyboard for all their hard work. Dan
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to dan For This Useful Post:
Right-click working in KDE for me - WooHoo!!! Thanks all - especially PCQ and PB!

Hello!
Please explain what should I do, to make it work - I mean the right-click on n800.
Here is what I have already done:
1) I have installed xmodmap-1.02-1_armel.deb
2) I have created a script, called: rk.sh:
#!/bin/sh
BTN=$(/usr/bin/xmodmap -pp | sed -ne 's/^\s\+1\s\+\([[:digit:]]\+\)\s*$/\1/p')
if [ $BTN == 3 ]; then
MAP='1 2 3'
else
MAP='3 2 1'
fi
/usr/bin/xmodmap -e "pointer = $MAP" 2>/dev/null
But no matter what I do, as root, after sudo gainroot, or just as user, I can not run the script, or even change permissions.
So I am asking for an advise how to change permissions and of course - what to do next? Is it enought to get a right click? Just run that script and press "menu" buton, as Machster did?

Originally Posted by Machster View Post
YEEEESSS!! Installed xmodmap and right click now works with the menu button I had assigned it to on the n800. PCQ, you have earned your crown. This is cool, thanks!
Thanks very much
Vect0r.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by vect0r View Post
Hello!
Please explain what should I do, to make it work - I mean the right-click on n800.
Here is what I have already done:
1) I have installed xmodmap-1.02-1_armel.deb
2) I have created a script, called: rk.sh:

But no matter what I do, as root, after sudo gainroot, or just as user, I can not run the script, or even change permissions.
So I am asking for an advise how to change permissions and of course - what to do next? Is it enought to get a right click? Just run that script and press "menu" buton, as Machster did?

Thanks very much
Vect0r.

KDE v2 and v3 comes with this...

chown user.users rk.sh (change user and group)
chmod +x rk.sh (add executable flag)

Then you would need to map it using the shortcuts
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

i did follow PCQ tutorial and it works for me... thank you so mch PCQ and PB. im new at using linux cammands and im beginning to fall in love with my tablet with KDE as my primary playing ground.

OMG... AFTER instaling the xmodmap and having my right click working. my FN key is not working... pls help. i cant function on KDE without the FN key working.

HEEEEEEELP!!!

dont know where to start...

Last edited by iceman600; 2008-08-13 at 02:00.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Amazon-Belém
I made a port of keylaunch apps from openzaurus project... this working nice on maemo and with kde loading from SD.
Right and Middle Mouse on KDE/Maemo

% on KDE/Maemo[/URL]

Right and Middle Mouse on KDE/Maemo Translated

This%

Last edited by Anunakin; 2008-09-25 at 14:20.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Anunakin View Post
I made a port of keylaunch apps from openzaurus project... this working nice on maemo and with kde loading from SD.
Right and Middle Mouse on KDE/Maemo

% on KDE/Maemo[/URL]

Right and Middle Mouse on KDE/Maemo Translated

This%
Working with OS2008 different to Diablo?
Thanks

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, mouse