Active Topics

I try to disconnect properly but if I plug the flash into to already connected hub there is no icon or the other symptom I've had the problem where there's an icon but doesn't want to disconnect when I plugged the flash drive into the hub. I'm sure that could be part of the problem.
Do you mind if we take a bit of a poll here?

1. Who has a successfully running hard drive?
2. Who is having similar problems to me?
3. who is having other problems?

This is probably mindless but it might point to my hub arrangement - either not enough power or speed???
TIA
C

The Following User Says Thank You to cybernut For This Useful Post:
No hard-drive here, but similar things about the flash drive and separately powered hub; timing is key, which connections in what order.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
I
1. Who has a successfully running hard drive?
Who is having similar problems to me?
'm glad I'm not the only one doing things you think is right but apparently totally wrong...
Is this "bug" in the software or an underpowered hub or a timing issue. Is there some how to follow through. I've almost given up. A great mind exercise however - it would be nice to solve it mind you.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
cyber,

Is your NIT a N810?

Mine is a N800. There is a bug in some of N810s (https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3026), are you aware of that?
For my N800 I have no problem of connecting to anything through a USB hub. I just put a command under "Statusbar Graph Controll" as "hostmode-toggle" ( sh -c 'echo /usr/bin/hostmode| sudo gainroot' ) to toggle the modes and having no problems.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhanquy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
cyber,

Is your NIT a N810?

Mine is a N800. There is a bug in some of N810s (https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3026), are you aware of that?
For my N800 I have no problem of connecting to anything through a USB hub. I just put a command under "Statusbar Graph Controll" as "hostmode-toggle" ( sh -c 'echo /usr/bin/hostmode| sudo gainroot' ) to toggle the modes and having no problems.
I never know there was bug. All I know, is plug and unplug your USB device will wake up the change. Thanks,

bun

Hi nhanquy

I have the N800 but I will try this as it seems to have some of the symptoms described. Late tonight when I got home but will look at it in the morning...
C

The Following User Says Thank You to cybernut For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cybernut View Post
1 babystep at a time...
The dmesg names should be relatively obvious what I was doing.
1. no USB
2. 20 GG HD through the 4 port hub
3. USB flash
Well, there's nothing immediately obvious. These lines make me suspect your powered hub (in with20Gdrive.txt), but I'm just guessing here:

Code:
[20391.632812] musb_stage0_irq 569: VBUS_ERROR in a_suspend (90, <VBusValid), retry #0, port1 00000507
[20391.789062] tusb_otg_ints 837: vbus too slow, devctl 91
It looks a bit like your hub is not doing suspend properly. Can you try with another brand of powered hub?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
...Now, I need to find something to get rid of the AC adapter

Done. Success! See here, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...130#post212130

No tail! No plug-in, complete portable. Wow!

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-11 at 03:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2008 @ pl: cracow
so

plus

(europe version cause im from EU)

will be ok for external hdd power supplying at home?

Last edited by Blackall; 2008-08-12 at 19:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blackall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Could you please add in your first post how much it weights and how convenient it is for travelling? Thanks