Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
I've got a Nokia 6682 and an N93 (both EDGE) that work perfectly with my N800. Upgraded last month to a Samsung A717 with HSDPA, getting a steady 50KB/sec data rate (which seems to be a limit of the N800's bluetooth hardware), but it paired fine and holds a connection well.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2007-08-18 at 00:27.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Northeast USA
Has anyone gotten the n800 to do bT DUN through a motorola Q on Verizon? Also is a Bluetooth 1.2 going to be significantly slower than a bT 2.0 capable phone? or is the bottleneck going to be the speed of the 3G network?

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Any experience with Sony Ericsson W880i ? Looks like a good alternative to nokia ...

Fred

I just got a Samsung M620 (Upstage) with Sprint Sero plan. This phone synched excellently with my Nokia. If anyone is looking for a new plan 500 anytime minutes , unlimited txt msgs, and the most important unlimited Data for $30 a month. Some related links to get it tether to work

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...light=msl+m620

the demo for CDMA workshop didn't work for me, but I did find an alternative dl. Good luck

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
The N95 works quite well.

Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post
The N95 works quite well.
So does it's daddy, the N80i.
You have an N95 so I must hate you now.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by iball View Post
So does it's daddy, the N80i.
You have an N95 so I must hate you now.

Don't hate. Appreciate.

There are plenty of N95's on the shelves waiting for a home.

I dumped my (not ready for prime time N800, IMHO) and got the N95. Never looked back. I am waiting for the next IT though. It should complement the N100 (or whatever it will be called).

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Park City, Utah, USA
Has anyone been able to get the N800 to use DUN on the Sprint Treo 700wx? I just got the N800 a few days ago and upgraded the firmware immediately.

The devices seem to pair properly. When I try to connect to the phone the phone's screen turns on so I know the devices are talking, but then all I get on the N800 is "Internet connection failed. Try again?" I have tried everything I can think of, but can't get past that message.

Here's the only thing that looks wrong. On the N800 when I go to the Control Panel->Phone page and pick my Treo I get a "Device Details" page. The box called "Trusted device" is checked and the "Supported profiles" says DUN (I assume it got that DUN from the phone, again confirming that the two devices are talking). But on that page the "Cellular type" says "none" even though I have selected Sprint when setting up the device. My impression is that my selection of phone carrier isn't getting set properly, but I don't know how else to confirm that.

Can anyone tell me if there is a log file on the N800 that would help me identify the problem? There must be since this is Linux, but I don't have a clue where it is or how to read it.

Thanks for any help. I'm looking forward to being totally free of wireless hotspot hunting.

I was using my BB 8100 (pearl) on T-Mobile which worked right out of the box with the auto phone setup on the N800. but only ONCE. the first time I disconnected was the LAST time I got the pearl to work. I really didnt have time to continue trying to make it work so I went to tmo and picked up a Nokia 6133 which has edge and just works great. I didnt even have to change to the more expensive T-Mobile Total Internet (with side of WiFi) plan to get it to connect it worked while still on the BB plan. Which is great because I can still use the BB for everything else and then when I need the N800 on T-Mo I use the Nokia.

-John

I use a Treo 650 in Canada with Fido as the carrier but I wouldn't recommend using GPRS/EDGE in Canada as the data rates are extremely expensive.