Posts: 32 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ UK - Brighton
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Sounds like its best to wait for firmware upgrade. Vitaly hinted 2003 support would be on a future firmware upgrade, though not which one.
Thank you.
In your experience would we expect to wait days or weeks,months for that type of update? I have no experience of this stuff and I can't have a phone that doesn't have this feature. What do you reckon? Thank you so much for your patience with me.

Hey andre, you said

Probably the N900 tries to support Exchange 2007 fully, but there's something that's called a software bug... It's quite likely as I have not seen an application yet that was completely free of errors. ;-)

errr would it be too much to ask, to see your folders that include the emails???? and then the emails inside the folders...

Is it not this the reason, we use exchange?

You can call it a minor bug if you want, I take it you do not use exchange?

Originally Posted by Caprio View Post
Thank you.
In your experience would we expect to wait days or weeks,months for that type of update? I have no experience of this stuff and I can't have a phone that doesn't have this feature. What do you reckon? Thank you so much for your patience with me.
The rumour is that there is a 1.1 release due around Christmas, who knows what goodies might be inside. May be it depends on whether you have been a good child or not over the last 12 months

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by goemb View Post
Are there any plans to implement Google's idea of MfE for the N900?
As not being marketing guy, I am not allowed to communicate any maemo plans. Sorry.

The interest from the users certainly seems to be there.
I don't know the difficulties of doing this but I think it would be a very welcome addition.
I think the same :-) And I see the HUGE interest to sync with google in this thread and in this forum in general.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiafarce View Post
are you saying that mfe2007 is supported. ie. can we see subfolders of the inbox and it syncs all emails. Sent items etc, populates?
Yes. To be precise - not all the emails but the e-mails which are in sync window. Typical choice is "2 weeks" but there is an option "sync everything" as well.

Subfolders are supportedl. Of course, they shall be locate d in the server, not in your desktop computer. But I believe it is obvious for everybody here.

Are you saying mfe2003 is not supported? is there any functionality at all?
The same story as with the google in fact. You can be lucky but that's all. Typically you unlucky.

will it be fully supported in the next firmware if not available at the moment?
Wait for sw. update as I have told several times here :-) Our marketing guys will communicate more information in the right time.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
As not being marketing guy, I am not allowed to communicate any maemo plans. Sorry.
Um. Which part of 'community development' doesn't make sense? How's anyone supposed to get even slightly involved if you won't even tell people what you're working on?

This is not a marketing issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to ewan For This Useful Post:
/
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
And now with the N900 having that much more info (skype,gtalk,msn fields and so on) i dont dare to sync that and then get complete rubbish back!
Just a side comment. N900 MfE does not sync your IM contacts. It syncs only your "real" addressbook. And I believe this is right behavior as skype, gtalk, other IM contacts belong to the servers other than MS Exchange.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by ewan View Post
Um. Which part of 'community development' doesn't make sense? How's anyone supposed to get even slightly involved if you won't even tell people what you're working on?

This is not a marketing issue.
I guess that the MfE part needs some work together with MS and as such doesn't fall under the "open" or "community" part. Understandable, if you want to support Exchange.

The Following User Says Thank You to range For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Caprio View Post
Re M4E 2003 what do you mean by "wait for sw update"? Sorry I am a simple user not a teckie
Software update is a new firmware which you can install on your device.

S60 does it in this a way: http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-...oftware-update

maemo way: http://www.maemo-guru.com/2009/11/ho...900s-firmware/

Update. The really "nice" maemo way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At9tJHmgnrE

Last edited by vitaly_repin; 2009-11-26 at 16:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
maemo way: http://www.maemo-guru.com/2009/11/ho...900s-firmware/
The canonical source for Maemo is: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!