Active Topics

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kuopio
Nice. There still seems to be some weirdness involved. Task manager doesn't always choose the windows after releasing ctrl.

Can you describe exactly how to generate this problem (how many windows are open, etc.)? Are you using version 1.08?

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by nymajoak View Post
In the mean time a short sentence on the wiki page about how to use the terminal to set the keys might be good? I would add it myself but I don't seem to be able to - is that wiki page private in some way?
Have you got a logon for the wiki? (Same as garage.maemo.org logon).

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Have you got a logon for the wiki? (Same as garage.maemo.org logon).
Yep.

EDIT: ..but the problem was another kind of stupidity on my part.. Added a short sentence on how to change value of gconf keys.

Last edited by nymajoak; 2010-02-07 at 13:44.

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Can you describe exactly how to generate this problem (how many windows are open, etc.)? Are you using version 1.08?
Didn't check the the release version, but it was the previous version before update just few minutes ago. The problem occurs still in latest version.

I've tested this app only with few windows. I seem to get the state on by using ctrl + backspace rapidly. After this the ctrl + backspace still scrolls between apps, but it doesn't select the leftmost task.

After scrolling tasks again rapidly it starts to choose the right task again.

Shortcutd backspace seems to do the same as ctrl + backspace here. Any chances to prevent this?

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Tesno View Post
Shortcutd backspace seems to do the same as ctrl + backspace here. Any chances to prevent this?
Mh, what are you talking about? I'm using booth together. And only this way you'll get the biggest benefit. It works really great!

What should we prevent?

Well in my phone shortcutd backspace action moves task windows around, but doesn't choose any naturally without ctrl. This way moving tasks just mess your head around and you really have to check what task your looking at.

Briefly this app is fine the way it is, but it affects also shortcutd in bad way.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Then you're using the wrong settings. Please seee here: #20

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Hyderabad, India
try this. open 4-5 programs and then click "ctrl + backspace".

now click either "shift + 1", "shift + 2" etc. or "blue arrow + 1", "blue arrow + 2" etc and see what happens.