Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by luonto View Post
N950 (V 1.2011.34-2 PR_RM680)

Gmail worked badly to say the least until I had to manually set the incoming and outgoing server settings, encryption and ports. That should be corrected.

MfE works every now and then, I guess that has issues with some settings too...

Otherwise the client is real nice and fresh. Shame that the above faults are pretty critical from the normal users' point of view.
Why you needed to enter the settings manually for gmail ? I know that the beta firmware does not have the Google plugin, but the generic plugin retrieves the correct settings if you use the automatic setup.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I have always-up-to-date mode enabled (imap idle). For instance, I just deleted a message from the inbox on the laptop (using outlook), but even when re-syncing the mail account on the N950, the message I deleted is still present in the inbox.
That use case works fine for us using sales SW, please note that depending in your desktop email client settings the changes can take some time to be reflected in the server.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
That use case works fine for us using sales SW, please note that depending in your desktop email client settings the changes can take some time to be reflected in the server.
Thanks for your answer, I also noted that I have most problem with my work IMAP account, e.g., synchronization seems to work better with Gmail.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
First of all I'd like to thank you for this interaction - shows real dedication and positive proudness in what you've achieved! This kind of stuff can only benefit the community and the product.

Overall I'm really happy about the e-mail integration. I have one request, that I just ran into. You can share photos and videos using e-mail. But it would be really handy if you could compress the video (and with lesser priority photo) when sharing them with e-mail. The MMS sharing already compresses the video, so there's already I guess some code ready for it. But it's not available when sharing with e-mail.

Another, less important thing, would be the ability to not only top-post for the quoted e-mails but be able to edit the quote and post below the quote (and in the middle?). Just not to appear as a total internet n00b :-).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by jahaugum View Post
I've got this same issue for IMAP UW. And my inbox is called "INBOX".

A different annoyancy for this same imap server is that I get all home directory files in the folder view. I think this might be a bad configuration on the server, but I've seen other email clients capable in finding the mail directory and show only this.
Yes, UW-IMAP has this problem.

I had it *years* ago with some IMAP clients, and then configured it to use a subdirectory of the users home directory for mail to avoid this problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
Anyone know if the Mfe client works with a Lotus Notes Traveler server?

Was so close to buying a N9 today but need to know if it will work with Lotus.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
When does Nokia PC Suite will support N9?
Use NokiaLink instead.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
In my case the auto discovery is not turned on at all on the exghange server. I just found that out.
Well, I have no idea what todo at this point. My N9 simply won't connect to the exchange server. Going via owa in the browser fine though, so that is ok...

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
Well, I have no idea what todo at this point. My N9 simply won't connect to the exchange server. Going via owa in the browser fine though, so that is ok...
try it with another exchange server. if it works on others then it's the setup of yours.

would be handy to have an application to test email account and then give a list of requirements from the server side, functionality and what has passed and failed. be great for diagnosing exchange problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
Sadly I don't have another exchange server to test it with.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950