Active Topics

Notices

hey all,
just to notify a bug:
when I pause a video(.mp4) to go back to the files browser, the image(video paused) stays at the front, and hide anything behind it.
I don't know if anyone mesioned this before because I did'nt read anything about that in the previous posts.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Okay.

Diablo user here.

Second time now that the battery squibbed on me in no time at all it seems like.

I had the screen locked with no wifi and was almost fully charged but it still completely died on me in a couple of hours.

The new battery I have usually gives me about 7 hours of normal use.

So yeah, something is hanging in Media Box but I'm not sure what it is.

Any way of posting something here to track down this bug?

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
I would like to see that, like in the default media player, you can find songs by typing on the keyboard.

Also when is for instance click on albums in the music menu it will keep loading a very long time with no result.

Still MediaBox is a very cool program. The screen rotation is very usefull!!

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Salem, VA
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Okay.

Diablo user here.

Second time now that the battery squibbed on me in no time at all it seems like.

I had the screen locked with no wifi and was almost fully charged but it still completely died on me in a couple of hours.

The new battery I have usually gives me about 7 hours of normal use.

So yeah, something is hanging in Media Box but I'm not sure what it is.

Any way of posting something here to track down this bug?
Same battery issue here. N800 / Diablo. Locked screen, wifi off, but a full charge was depleted in just a few hours.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by russell_t View Post
Same battery issue here. N800 / Diablo. Locked screen, wifi off, but a full charge was depleted in just a few hours.
Is this always reproducable? If yes, what are the steps necessary for reproducing this?

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Is this always reproducable? If yes, what are the steps necessary for reproducing this?
I think mplayer keeps running in the background even after Media Box is closed.

I'll try to reproduce it later tonight when I have some free time.

EDIT:
@russell_t did you also try playing a video as well?

Last edited by Addison; 2010-07-01 at 19:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
@pycage

I went through and added a bunch of lyrics to my MP3s...How do I see them in MB? (on an N800)

Thanks

Sno

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Odd thing ... I can use MediaBox to poke through the filesystem, and if I choose a picture it will get displayed. However, media indexing doesn't seem to find the pictures; if I choose "Pictures" from the shelf it comes up "Local Pictures" ... "All Pictures" ... "Folder contains no media". I'm probably missing something simple, but how do I get "Pictures" to work?

lovin the player but wanted to ask how can i have my own shoutcast radios only? there is way too much for my needs and even if i would find the one that i want it would take ages anyhelp?

Excellent app! Thanks!
...but, I do have a couple suggestions in regards to your YOUTUBE presentation:
  • Make it look more like "YouTube Mobile [m.youtube.com]".
    `cause the thumbnails are a little too small to see.
  • As Youtube search results are not sorted alphabatically; showing the sort letter during scrolling is not helpful and a bit distracting. So I would hide that on your YouTube screens.
  • Supporting YouTube LOGIN, so to get by the "G" rated stuff would be great (if that is even possible).
Thanks again.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules