Posts: 53 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Rauma
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
I've got everything i need on my N900 and wouldn't wanna give it away anymore
This is exactly what I had in mind!
Great piece of hardware and plenty of software too.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
@sec9009 I'm very impressed how good you are at ignoring the FUD!

Anyway, I'm not sure how much of a linux hacker you are, but if you're one of those that always have a terminal open and use the | and > keys a lot, then the N900 is for you.
MeeGo/Maemo6 devices are probably going to be less focused on linux hacking and more focused on mainstream usability. But that remains to be seen.

For a linux hacker, no available or announced device (that is pocketable and able to make phonecalls) comes even close to the N900.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucharest, Romania
Originally Posted by cnadarajah View Post
sigh* ill buy the next meego tablet: i got the 770,the n810, the n95,n95 8gb, the n96 and n97....
lol i keep breaking them,xept all my tablets still work
Please recycle them after you break them

Originally Posted by mece View Post
For a linux hacker, no available or announced device (that is pocketable and able to make phonecalls) comes even close to the N900.
Although I don't pretend to be a hacker (I see myself as an experienced user/administrator of a home network who appreciates the whole hacker ethos thing.) I agree 100%. If you like to mess around with Linux boxes then get an N900.

Personally and based on my experience thus far, I'd recommend anyone get an N900 on the understanding that they'll have to have some patience and learn some skills to get the best out of it. I look forward to comparing features and capabilities with one of my iPhone toting friends.

For me the joy of the n900 was to get a phone and a solution that allowed me to tinker. No other phone eg iphone, Android has allowed this so far to this degree. Its also allowed me to get back into linux and working with the command line.

No regrets from me.

Scott

@ Mece

If i dont ignore the FUD i wouldn't have bought a whole range of other eqipment.
I guess i'll be getting the N900 in 3 weeks as soon as my contract is up.
Cant wait to get my hands on it...
Thank you all for the input.

The Following User Says Thank You to sec9009 For This Useful Post:
It's a nice, fun, toy. Don't buy it if you're looking for a primary phone though...

Originally Posted by rossis22 View Post
It's a nice, fun, toy. Don't buy it if you're looking for a primary phone though...
Why not? It's not so big that it's inconvenient to carry around as a phone. I have only one phone and my N900 is it!