Active Topics

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

The Federal Trade Commission doesn't resolve consumer complaints, and it will not get you the rebate you were promised, but if enough complaints are filed, they might launch an investigation.

I received the rebate, I BBB both nokia and young america, nokia usa called me back and gave me the rebate.

Young america replied:

Nokia is no longer a client with Young America Corporation. The consumer will need to work with Nokia to resolve his concern.

Thank you

Originally Posted by xomm View Post
Alright. Just got off the phone with Nokia USA.

Summary of the phone call:

Nokia: Your rebate has been suppressed (aka put on hold, or more likely canceled), because we received multiple rebate submissions.
Me: I didn't send multiple rebates, so that isn't possible.
Nokia: We received four (4) rebates from the same address with the same information, but different names.
Me: Well... are the names of the same family or surname?
Nokia: That is non-disclosable.
Me: ...The only way that could have happened is when I was contacting Nokia through e-mail. They asked to "verify" my information about four (4) times, so I'm assuming that's why.
Nokia: Basically this means you probably won't be getting the rebate.
Me: But that's not a fault on my behalf, that's a error made by Nokia.
Nokia: (couple second pause...)
Me: ...Well... Is there any way I can contest that?
Nokia: Not really, we're just customer service; we're only getting the information from the rebate department.
Me: How can I contact the rebate department?
Nokia: They aren't contactable because the promotional period has ended.

-End call formalities, etc.-

Well.... I'd say that's enough work for a $50 rebate... and now I'm (and many others) left with a scan of my barcodes instead of the original... :|

I had pretty much no complaints about Nokia before, but this is just ridiculous...

Doesn't detract from the device or the community though...

Tags
amazon, nokia, nokia n900, ovi store, rebate