Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
A Happy New Year to everybody!

Version 0.96.2 is on its way with some more improvements in the image viewer part. Preloading being one of those.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
This is indeed getting better & better :-) Preloading sounds great!

My #1 wish: caching of uPnP-Lists. I have over 40 GB of music, 10'000 files in 700 folders. Browsing through that collection works quite good now (Thanks for the quicksearch using the keyboard!!!), but when returning to an upper level, the "directory" seems to get reloaded every time. IMHO, it would be much better if any itemlists already loaded once during a session would kept in a cache for quicker reload. An additional sync-icon would allow manual reload if really needed (a music library probably only changes rarely, and probably 99% never while using MediaBox).

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
I noticed something else related to the track view. If I am playing an album, I can leave the player alone, and once a song finishes, the next one plays - as I would expect. However, if in the middle of a song playing, I go on to the photo viewer and start viewing some pictures, the currently playing song completes, but once it is over, the player does not advance to the next song .

Is this by design ?

I like the new version, but am find its interface a little too busy. The biggest problem is now that menues have three columns (for example, under "music" there is a column for "by folder, by artest, etc", one for the actual content (the middle), and the last one with display options), the main content column (now the middle) is too small. Is there any way to shrink the first column to give the middle more room? That would make the interface cleaner and easier to read, in my opinion, as the middle column is the most important.

The Following User Says Thank You to glug For This Useful Post:
I need some kind of help. It comes up with a blank screen, with a bar across the top with one line and two lines, and then a box with the word Queue below it. It says it discovered my upnp system, but I can't tell what to do. Clicking the up arrow does seem to give you some options. It says it is discovering video, for example, but then comes back with 0 items. I was able to get the other items to display after playing around a little bit. Not entirely intuitive, but more so after some usage. I can see the items from my upnp system (Orb) with the flle manager just fine.

Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
I noticed something else related to the track view. If I am playing an album, I can leave the player alone, and once a song finishes, the next one plays - as I would expect. However, if in the middle of a song playing, I go on to the photo viewer and start viewing some pictures, the currently playing song completes, but once it is over, the player does not advance to the next song .

Is this by design ?
Maybe a bug by design?
You're right. This is not how it should be and needs to get fixed.

Originally Posted by dwforslund View Post
I need some kind of help. It comes up with a blank screen, with a bar across the top with one line and two lines, and then a box with the word Queue below it. It says it discovered my upnp system, but I can't tell what to do. Clicking the up arrow does seem to give you some options. It says it is discovering video, for example, but then comes back with 0 items. I was able to get the other items to display after playing around a little bit. Not entirely intuitive, but more so after some usage. I can see the items from my upnp system (Orb) with the flle manager just fine.
You can add local (but not UPnP) folders to your media library in the file manager. MediaBox then watches these folders and lets you access the contents of your media library in the music, video, and image viewers. When you open a folder in the file manager, the topmost item in the list represents the folder, there is a menu button with two options (add to library, and enqueue to playlist).

Happy New Year to all , and thank you very much Martin for an excellent piece of software. The latest version is indeed very stable, except when I accidentally manage to pull up the on-screen keyboard. Since the best part of this project is that we get to give you suggestions :-) , here is my new year's list. I want to stress, as always, these are simply suggestions for you to consider. Maybe some of these can see the light of day.

1. Move media folder configuration to the tools/configuration view. I think that is the first place people look for in a media player.

2. Do not automatically add tracks to the track view. This way I can continue listening to one album, and while I am doing that I can browse all the rest of my collection. Only add tracks (or the whole album) when the right arrow is clicked.

3. Add artist name to the song name on top panel in track view.

4. Remove song name in large font in track view. This seems redundant since the song name is already shown in the top.

5. Enlarge cover image size in track view to occupy space freed up by step 4. above.

6. Do NOT automatically play/download next video in video and YouTube modes. While I tend to listen to an album in its entirety most of the time, when it comes to videos, and especially when it comes to YouTube, I think people pick and choose one at a time.

7. The track mode has a lot of free space on either sides of the album cover. The previous and next buttons can move up there, just like in the car mode.

8. Add software volume control to the left of seek bar utilizing the freed up space from step 7. above.

9. Automatically switch to car mode after 5 secs of inactivity.

10. Clicking on CD icon in car mode takes back to track view. [ clearly you can see I am not a fan of hardware button controls :-) ]

11. Instead of pause on a single click, pause on double click (is this even possible? ) so that tapping on a dark screen does not accidentally pause the playing track.

Once again, thank you for your excellent work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stl1859 For This Useful Post:
I had to uninstall due to a interesting problem. Every time an alarm goes off the last song I played in MediaBox Media Center 0.96 plays after I stop the alarm. Then the only way to stop it is to start any media player and play another song then press stop for the new song.
It also kills the battery in about 4 hours if I am not there to stop it. I also think but I am not sure but the battery dies very fast after I play music then close MediaBox Media Center 0.96. This never happened prior to installing MediaBox Media Center 0.96. I use the old version all the time.

I uninstalled MediaBox Media Center 0.96 today and now the battery is back to normal.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
0.96.X available for os2006 / he2007 ? I'd especially want the feature of upnp and internet radio listings (shoutcast)

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube