Active Topics

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...rootfs.tar.bz2
MD5Sum: a76ada218fac7d014115f38d7dfb14b3

(First of all, thanks to xnt14 for allowing me to host the file and giving me a subdomain - I've moved my files to http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/ so you can find everything from me there, again, thanks)

Mouse working! See this Note: as I said above, the mouse pointer is broken, this does NOT seem to be a calibration but a kernel module one, or a broken X/xorg configuration file, the pointer works fine in Fedora 12 and Mer, so I'm assuming this is a cannonical modified X problem, need assistance on this as Ubuntu is be very unusable with a broken pointer.
How unusable is unusable? The pointer is flipped, so up is down, the top part of the screen moves the pointer to the bottom side, and the far ends of the screen cannot be tapped without pressure on the bottom side of the screen, again, I need help from someone who knows C to fix this.

Quick instructions, I'm not really into sfdisk so the instructions are based on gparted, if anyone feels the instructions could be better then please feel free to post what you want

1. Connect the N900 to a PC running linux (Live CDs/Virtual machines will suffice).
2. Use gparted to partition the N900's MicroSD card, the image is 2.3GBs uncompressed, so you'll need at least 2.5GBs to run Ubuntu (3GBs if you want extra space for /home or apps).
plz let me know wat format it shud be ext3 or ext2 or fat 13 or???

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Has anyone got this working? I still cant get the touchscreen to work, i have tried every possible tsc2005.ko file with no success. i use nitdroid kernel to boot ubuntu 9.10 and it boots fine to ubuntu it just the touchscreen, i can only use keyboard.. when i boot to ubuntu i get these messages during boot:

Code:
tsc2005.ko: version magic '2.6.28-omap1 preempt mod_unload modversions ARMv7'
should be '2.6.28.NIT.06 preempt mod_unload ARMv7'
and
Code:
hci_h4p hci_h4p: FW error
hci_h4p hci_h4p: Sending firmware failed
Is R&D mode still required to boot this correctly, can the R&D mode be disabled after boot or is required everytime when booting to ubuntu? Thanks!

Last edited by teemui; 2011-03-21 at 06:00.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Is there a concise explanation on how to install Ubuntu on eMMC? Actually, what I don't understand is what the neccessary partition layout is and where to extract the raw image... (I am talking about the Maverick ARM preinstalled image provided by Canonical, not about 9.10)

It would be veeeeery useful to summarize all the useful info and edit the first post... Like this, the topic is very impractical...

Last edited by rentze; 2011-03-26 at 00:53.

Come on guys lets revive this thread
Anyway I am trying to install ubuntu to my emmc
first i repartitin the emmc using backupmenu and gparted then i extracted the file to the root of the new partition (/dev/mmcblk0p4 mounted on /mnt/ubuntu ) then copied the files from /lib to /lib but when i came to chroot it gave me an error
groups: no name for group id 670 then when i typed useradd it said command not found and when i tried to boot (with multiboot with this item)
ITEM_NAME="Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic ( partition 4)"
ITEM_ID="ubuntu"
ITEM_DEVICE="$mmcblk0p4"
ITEM_MODULES="mbcache jbd ext3"
ITEM_FSTYPE="ext3"
ITEM_FSOPTIONS="noatime,rw"/mnt
it booted maemo

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Have someone tried this http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/ub...alled/current/

Natty are supposed to have touch capabilities.. i am not sure how far they have come but it might work better than the Maverick image.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Russia
Originally Posted by frendz07 View Post
plz let me know wat format it shud be ext3 or ext2 or fat 13 or???
Ubuntu/NITDroid - ext3
fat for windows

[AIMehdi hope Mohh will get it working

Originally Posted by eL.ectron1k View Post
Ubuntu/NITDroid - ext3
fat for windows
thanks a lot

Originally Posted by teemui View Post
Has anyone got this working? I still cant get the touchscreen to work, i have tried every possible tsc2005.ko file with no success. i use nitdroid kernel to boot ubuntu 9.10 and it boots fine to ubuntu it just the touchscreen, ....
How about trying the Meego kernel and modules with this?....I would think that the Meego kernel would be more appropriate than the NITDroid kernel?

Is there any possibility to see OK and CANCEL buttons in POPUP? they are behind bottom taskbar =(

Tags
bada rox