Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
I really like the vertical slider and I'd really like to keep it.

Let's have a deal: 2 weeks from now if you still don't like the resolution being shown down there then we can try to find a solution

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I really like the vertical slider and I'd really like to keep it.

Let's have a deal: 2 weeks from now if you still don't like the resolution being shown down there then we can try to find a solution
no need for that. You are the developer so it's your choice!
Just thought I give my input....

Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
3) It can be converted to a button ;-)
I'm not sure it would have sense. Firstly, I don't think anybody really needs to change resolution on the spot, and, secondly, there already is the settings screen where the resolution can be changed (to me it's too much to have two ways of changing one setting).

Also, I've made my vision of interface. Note three things here:
1. 1080p icon at the top-left corner
2. Timer icon in the toolbar (icons should be distributed horizontally, though) (yes, I believe its place is there, as well as face camera's)
3. Switch mode button under the shutter button is only for switching to video mode now
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
no need for that. You are the developer so it's your choice!
Just thought I give my input....
And you are one of the main contributers so it's not that simple ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm3230 View Post
I'm not sure it would have sense. Firstly, I don't think anybody really needs to change resolution on the spot, and, secondly, there already is the settings screen where the resolution can be changed (to me it's too much to have two ways of changing one setting).

Also, I've made my vision of interface. Note three things here:
1. 1080p icon at the top-left corner
2. Timer icon in the toolbar (icons should be distributed horizontally, though) (yes, I believe its place is there, as well as face camera's)
3. Switch mode button under the shutter button is only for switching to video mode now
I guess you are right. Resolution changing should stay as part of the main settings.

I will address points 2 and 3 together:
Currently we have timer, normal image and video capture. I am planning to add fast capture (ZSL) and will try to add panorama at some point. This is the reason why there is a popup for mode selection.

I can add all those modes to the toolbar but it will be cluttered.
I can add another button for the selection but I feel we have a lot already on top of the viewfinder.

The last remaining option is to add the timer/zsl and friends to the settings page at the top. I am not sure it's the best place really.

I am more or less stuck and open for suggestions here.

Now point 1 which is the resolution indicator:
There is a request to make the whole area smaller and I thought it can be easily done if I move the resolution indicator to the toolbar. It also allows having the resolution name itself instead of an icon which means nothing (1080p/720p/WVGA/VGA).

It does seem that my beloved users don't like that decision. What should we do? Revert back to the old behavior or stay with the current ? I am also open for suggestions and seems I will revert it soon

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I guess I just don't understand why resolution has to be seen outside of the settings page. Do people change this "on the fly"?

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I guess I just don't understand why resolution has to be seen outside of the settings page. Do people change this "on the fly"?
Don't ask me

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...or#post1425286

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
MSameer, okay, i get your point about zsl and other modes, but i still think, there is more convenient way I'll try to think it out this or next week.
Considering the resolution icon, you can use pixelated font (as I did in my photoshopped screenshot), it doesn't take much place. I believe, that while the resolution icon is still just an 'informative object', not a button, it should be placed among other 'informative objects', and toolbar is originally for buttons.
May be, for those who wanted you to make 'the whole area smaller' you should add a special button in settings (say, call it like 'more/less info') which would remove some icons at the upper-left corner on the viewfinder page.

Last edited by zxcvbnm3230; 2014-05-30 at 07:07.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany

?

Btw: do you guys use the zoom function?
It is, after all, just digital zoom...

Last edited by mcbook; 2014-05-30 at 08:08.

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
It's a good reminder of what resolution you're using. Let's say you've chosen to shoot a few photos at a lower resolution the other day to quickly mail or send via whatsapp... and today you're taking a lot of photos at an event that you really would need in maximum resolution for editing and printing. You happily take a lot of pictures during the event and later notice that all photos have been taken in low resolution mode. I think it has its place somewhere on the screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!