Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
If only users could believe in that..., (after several official blog posts misleading the people, of course...)
I opened a zendesk ticket last week about it, and without any more actions they said I should see a refund this week.

So, i'm not sure why you care because you got your money already, but i'm happy with how Jolla is acting on this.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
I opened a zendesk ticket last week about it, and without any more actions they said I should see a refund this week.

So, i'm not sure why you care because you got your money already, but i'm happy with how Jolla is acting on this.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

We only have a conversation and different opinion. My problem is gone at the moment when I saw the balance on my Amex. But this doesn't mean that I should change my opinion about Jolla or to speak regarding those past issues...

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
Yeah, actually, you are for once correct. I am inconsiderate guy when it comes to companies like Jolla who were taking us for a fools for complete year now, also for companies that pretend that they are a startup while they have years of experience behind them (let's not forget that they were Nokia engineers once). And also don't give a crap about comments from smug people like Picho here. And yes, I am totally happy that I've got my money back....
So go buy one of hundreds of Android tablets, in you local store. No risk at all, just give the money and go out with the tablet in your hands, total of 5 minutes. And join an Android forum & community with all the corresponding wisdom... Good luck.
Or are you here because you like TMO with many pages just talking about you ?
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2016-02-14 at 15:41.

Note i said *I* should receive a refund, they also said their automated process isn't ready yet and so they processed me manually. What that means for other webshoppers? i'm not sure.

(also, I didn't ask for special treatment, I merely said I had not received an email like the blog post states I should have, and asked what the timeframe for refunds was)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Note i said *I* should receive a refund, they also said their automated process isn't ready yet and so they processed me manually. What that means for other webshoppers? i'm not sure.

(also, I didn't ask for special treatment, I merely said I had not received an email like the blog post states I should have, and asked what the timeframe for refunds was)
WTF, The party is off?!?!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
WTF, The party is off?!?!
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002..._2_xlarge.jpeg
I suggest folks show some love to Jolla today. After all, it's Valentines Day!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That brings back memories. How the time have changed...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You know... the folks that actually received their Jolla tablet have been rather quiet. Only one bloke came here and seemingly wanting to capitalize on the folks here and another sold tablet that went rather quietly.

No real praise, concerns, reports or much of anything here from actual owners. That concerns me more than just this cyclic argument about who has said/meant what and how not to get a refund.

Perhaps it is just time to let the anger go. Let the disappointment go. The folks with the device(s) aren't saying much. So why are the folks without the device continuing on? There will be some refunds, it's a failed crowd funding campaign (note: this is my actual first failed backed campaign for me) and there's not much more to it.

Oh well...

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You know... the folks that actually received their Jolla tablet have been rather quiet.
No real praise, concerns, reports or much of anything here from actual owners. That concerns me more than just this cyclic argument about who has said/meant what and how not to get a refund.
I've said before how lovely mine is, but I think, and I think others do too, that it would be bad taste to crow about it too much when so many people are waiting in frustration. Also don't forget that there are only 121 of us, and may not all be on here.

The tablet experience will be anyone's eventually though, as the work done on adapting Sailfish to larger screens means community tablet ports are now very possible, as are x86 adaptations. So everyone will be able to see how well suited Sailfish is to high res tablets.

My highlights: better landscape support, events screen layout with shortcuts on the right. Silica apps adapt well with virtually no effort - Quickddit is especially nice looking. Of course all the extra RAM means OOM is pretty much idle, and everything is very fluid. The new 4.4 dalvik is very nice too - it'll be a shame if that doesn't grt released on something else.

As much as I dislike the taobao hawkers, I'd probably get one off them right now if I were you.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund