Notices

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
Great I look forward to it, I love this program.

How do I search the bug database or submit one if I am testing a program?
Full list of open bugs & enhancement.

Submit bugs at: https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=BlueMaemo

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
New version available (0.3.10), Changelog:

* Accelerometer test code (see link below)
* Fix bug 7534 - Can not save settings on BlueMaemo Media controler
* Fix bug 7501 - PS3 Name/address doesn't appear in the "connected to" screen
* Fix bug 7510 - Wrong behavior when pairing a device with a apostrophe (') in the name
* Remove reconnect confirmation
* PS3 controller UI

Video: BlueMaemo – playing games with the accelerometer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
great app - love the mouse and keyboard, BUT...

in the keyboard (and key-settings for the buttons of the other apps) there are imho two important keys missing:

1. windows-key
2. "Fn"-key

is it possible to add these two keys? would appreciate it!

edit:
played with your gamepad acc-controls and i have two requests:

1. dead-zone.
mouse is always on the move... so is it possible to generate a acc-zone, where the mouse stands still? in every direction +/- 5 degrees or something?
2. speed-zones.
the more you lean the phone in one direction the faster the mouse will move?

example:
in every direction 0° - 50° and following table:
0 - 5: no movement. 5 - 20 slow. 20 - 35 middle. 35 - 50 fast.

Last edited by b666m; 2010-01-11 at 01:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
great app - love the mouse and keyboard, BUT...

in the keyboard (and key-settings for the buttons of the other apps) there are imho two important keys missing:

1. windows-key
2. "Fn"-key
The windows key is already there, but there's no way to assign it via the UI, but you can edit /etc/bluemaemo/bluemaemo.conf and assign "win" to the key that you wish(look at the PS3 confs).

Fn-key ? for what you need it ?

Originally Posted by b666m View Post
is it possible to add these two keys? would appreciate it!

edit:
played with your gamepad acc-controls and i have two requests:

1. dead-zone.
mouse is always on the move... so is it possible to generate a acc-zone, where the mouse stands still? in every direction +/- 5 degrees or something?
2. speed-zones.
the more you lean the phone in one direction the faster the mouse will move?

example:
in every direction 0° - 50° and following table:
0 - 5: no movement. 5 - 20 slow. 20 - 35 middle. 35 - 50 fast.
The air mouse is only using tilt at the moment, is far from the best way to control it, but your requests are planned, I've more or less that(dead zone and speed increase) in other app for other system.
Btw, I can easily make the mouse stand still

Thanks for testing

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
The windows key is already there, but there's no way to assign it via the UI, but you can edit /etc/bluemaemo/bluemaemo.conf and assign "win" to the key that you wish(look at the PS3 confs).

Fn-key ? for what you need it ?
thank you for pointing out this config-file
i will try to edit it tomorrow.

the Fn-key is used on my laptop for various functions. for example Fn + F1 to lock my pc or Fn + F9/10/11/12 to control my audioplayer.
(ok, i could remap these shortcuts to something like Ctrl + P/S/F/B, but the key is especially for these functions, so why don't use it? ;D)

The air mouse is only using tilt at the moment, is far from the best way to control it, but your requests are planned, I've more or less that(dead zone and speed increase) in other app for other system.
Btw, I can easily make the mouse stand still

Thanks for testing
ah ok, that sounds great!
i can make it stand still too... when i deactivate the "2"-button, but that's a rather dirty solution *laugh*

ehm... i wouldn't call it testing... it's playing around with some fun-stuff... so i have to thank you for this nice app

the f'n key is a hardware key specific to the hardware you are using as far as I know from working with key mapping programs in the past, there is no way to copy it or emulate it.

thanks for the update to the program I will download the new version and test it for you soon. glad to see one of the bugs effecting me is fixed (media remote save) cant wait to see the hardware keyboard working out of the box, the work around seems to be very picky for me only had it working once so far.

Seeing that you have accelerometer working for game mode, shake to shuffle is probably not far away in media remote mode (would be funny if somebody binds that function to a key and uses it in there car so every big bump causes the track to change)

Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
the f'n key is a hardware key specific to the hardware you are using as far as I know from working with key mapping programs in the past, there is no way to copy it or emulate it.
Correct.

@b666m- The Fn keys are tricky, but is possible to add global multimedia keys, that are more or less a standard, that will fulfill one the use cases that you pointed out.

do you mean something like "XF86AudioPlay" and so on? if yes that would be very cool.

one more thing i realized is that i'm missing the ALT and CTRL key on the keyboard when i'm going to the ".?123" and "#+=" layout.
i know, that it's possible to activate ALT and CRTL in the "ABC" layout and then go to the other layouts to make a combination there, but if you have to make a few combos in row like ALT + CTRL + RIGHT it's too much clicking.

i ask that because i'm running ubuntu with compiz fusion on my laptop and there are some shortcuts at ALT + CTRL, WIN + CTRL and WIN + ALT as well as these together with SHIFT.

unfortunately it's impossible to combine SHIFT with ALT/WIN/CTRL on the keyboard. is there any way to change this behaviour?

thanks in advance!

EDIT:
the scrollbar in the keyboard-window is already mentioned in your bug/feature-list.
so it would be usefull (for me ^^) to have the SHIFT/CTRL/ALT/WIN keys in the mouse-window too. (compiz fusion has also some button-mouse-combination to control it)

Last edited by b666m; 2010-01-11 at 16:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Okay.. so far I've tried to get my N900 and one of my two PC-machines to work with BlueMaemo and I cannot make it work. BlueMaemo won't just connect to PC as keyboard & mouse.

After I've paired the devices within the BlueMaemo and see how the device and it's services looks like in Windows I get this list (see the attachment). As you can see the drivers for keyboard, mouce etc isn't checked and if I check it and hit apply it unchecks itself after few seconds.

Anyone has any ideas?

Edit: my phone & BlueMaemo works just fine with Mac Pro on my studio, but I'd prefer to make it work with my home PC so I could remote control movies, tv etc while sitting on the coach There's not much use for remote control when running only ProTools :-D

Edit #2: forum seems to scale the image so small it's unreadable, so here's the image in larger format (click):
Attached Images

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Last edited by d-iivil; 2010-01-14 at 07:39.

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
i will try bluemaemo tonight when i am at home to test a trick how it could work with windows 7... friend of me had successfully connected his n900 with his pc with this trick... (disabling the wrong entrys in the device manager)

but i have one question left. is it possible to use the arrow keys of the pc remotely?

i am using a symbian smartphone with the app "controlfreak" from mtvoid (mtvoid.com) to remotecontrol my pc and i often use the arrow keys while watching a movie with winamp and with the arrow keys i can easily move inside the movie and make it louder...

about controlfreak: controlfreak is a "must have" app for me, i have brought my old smartphone 2 times, just to use this app... it can STREAM YOUR DESKTOP TO THE PHONE (works great with movies too), let you zoom in and out easily and let you move your mouse or use the arrow keys and special functions of some media player too...

especially the desktopstream is something i would love. it should be like vnc, but over bluetooth (already opened an enhancment report (#8061) at bugzilla for that

Last edited by Brock; 2010-01-15 at 16:49.

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid