Active Topics

Hope these guys pull it off. Strange that Nokia have pledged to support them in such a big way, (giving them a bagful of MeeGo patents + financial backing). Could they be hoping Jolla to be a life-line if everything goes mammaries skyward?
If they can get a device or two on the shelves this year, then that'll be my preferred upgrade path.

Slightly off topic- Couldn't Jolla Mobile be the new host for Maemo.org?- Just a wild suggestion.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
one-man-anti-elop troll army, read his blog entry when elop took over. Hardly anti-nokia

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...for-nokia.html
done that...elop is a part of nokia.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
one-man-anti-elop troll army, read his blog entry when elop took over. Hardly anti-nokia

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...for-nokia.html
Yes. I think he loved the old Nokia.

Back to Jolla. If they are really aiming for two separate phones: excellent news! One size does not fit for all.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Wouldn't it be satisfying and ironic if the new company's MeeGo team does well enough to buy Nokia?
It would be, but why would they want to? What assets does Nokia still possess that are desirable if you are not a patent troll?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lma View Post
It would be, but why would they want to? What assets does Nokia still possess that are desirable if you are not a patent troll?
Maybe some or all of Nokia's patents to protect against Microsoft, Apple and Co.

Last edited by att; 2012-07-11 at 10:36. Reason: to be more clear

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hey wait a second. what planet are yo from? Jolla buy nokia?

they are a start up! announced a few days ago. why not speculare they will buy. apple, micrsoft and google why you are at it. this tread get better and better. LOL

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Interview of the ceo of Jolla Mobile
http://mobilesguruji.in/2012/07/11/i...-jolla-mobile/

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Wouldn't it be satisfying and ironic if the new company's MeeGo team does well enough to buy Nokia?
LOL Well I think they strongness may be the fact they are small. To me it is more and more obvious that Nokia was to big/bloated to come up with new cool stuff.

same goes for Mcrosoft and probadly also google in longer run..

but yes it would atleast be cool if they sold better than MicroNokia smartphone division

From the above interview: The separate geek device was a misinterpretation by an earlier interview. What they had actually said was that there will be a consumer device with developer mode in it.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
However, I'd like to ask one question: How would you guys like the community to look around this?
I think that it would be nice if Jolla could continue to offer devices to the developers before the official street date for normal customers. It could be improved by offering the devices to the larger pool of developers than Nokia did. Special pricing can be applied like before or only for part of the people but more important is that devices are more broadly available than before.

Jolla could also appoint a liaison that would work to develop and activate community relations. It should be his/her full time job.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla