Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Dragy View Post
Just downloaded it as soon as I noticed it under Fresh in Downloads. This is one of the best apps available for the N900 imo. I had no idea the screen recognizes pressure, this is wonderful.

My only issue with it is sometimes when I open it, it closes itself before it comes up. Opening it again and again eventually works.

Other than that it's wonderful. It requires some learning curve tho, some built in tutorial would be nice. Have you considered a graphic UI? I mean instead of the menus, perhaps on one of the sides? Also how about zooming? And a full screen mode for more drawing space?
Theres a way to get another menu, the 'gtk_menu', it's posted how to in this thread, there you get a more 'desktop' feel to the program with shortcuts and so on

About the 'crash' it's not really a crash it's just the way it starts up at the moment and i don't know if it will be fixed or can be fixed. It starts up in the black window with mypaint stated in the statusbar and then seems to close. If you have any app installed that shows the cpu usage you will see it work at 100 % or close to that. So the program is still loading in the background when dissapearing. Just have patience it will open at first attemp. It will most likly be a longer loading time with the stock 600 mhz kernel than the overclocked one

I havn't timed mine, but then again i use different overclock freequencies at different times.

Umm, so far this program seems awesome and I want to use this, but is there some bucket fill tool or something?

oh dear the latest mypaint has introduced a battery drain. i had to uninstall it. it was deffinatly mypaint because my battery life is great again. cant this be fixed?

it felt wrong uninstalling it

or maybe it was a coincidence. i dont know bloody linux

slightly off topic, but some guys in here seem to know mypaint pretty well.

im on windows 7 64 bit, installed mypaint (my n900 is lost and im missing my new found hobby). for some unknown reason the brush selection wont appear when its selected from menu or using the "b" key. :0(

any ideas?

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by cyanith View Post
Umm, so far this program seems awesome and I want to use this, but is there some bucket fill tool or something?
Short answer! No... It's just like real life drawing you have to do it all by hand your self

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Is there a way to resize images in MyPaint? I can't see a menu option and I've been hunting around for a keyboard shortcut but can't find it...

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
I wanted to resize photos taken with the on-board camera as when you load them into MyPaint it gets quite clunky and slow due to the pics being quite big and memory hogging. My 3 year old loves painting hats and beards onto his family

A work-around I found was to install ImageMagick then do something like:
Code:
$ convert -resize 800x480 20100601001.jpg 20100601001.resize.jpg
Then load the resized pic into MyPaint - and add hats etc at a reasonable speed

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
I accidentally entered full screen mode and I can't get out. What is the command to bring back the tool bar?

For an example when at the brush selection screen all the icons and text assocaited to those brush icons are small any way to zoom in or something to see better?

Tags
mypaint, sketching