Active Topics

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
At this time you can make simulated calls for testing. The cellular modem stack will be integrated in the future.

As has been stated all along, this release is not for end users. It is for development.
WWHHHHAAATTT ?

Nokia needs to get their butt in gear. What other stacks aren't available ? GPS ? Bluetooth ? USB ? Camera ?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
MeeGo Basics | MeeGo - http://bit.ly/dn2WdJ

looks great !
worth waiting

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
This has nothing to do with Nokia. It's not even beta, it's alpha which means it's not even feature complete. Complain if it's missing features in beta (which should be feature complete but unstable).

Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
WWHHHHAAATTT ?

Nokia needs to get their butt in gear. What other stacks aren't available ? GPS ? Bluetooth ? USB ? Camera ?
their butt is in quite a high gear already if you ask me.

i am actually quite surprised this has come out and on the day they said it would.

I real nokia handset device on this in october really seems possible now, I did have serious doubts before this

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
WWHHHHAAATTT ?

whhaaatttt?!?

haven't seen so much people with unbelieveable over-expectations for something concentrated to one thread...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
I have to admit I was hoping for a release that at least had all the core functioanlity in place, if unstable. At the very least I'm glad this open project is finally going open.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
There is now a new kickstart file for making a n900-image..

Edit: Unfortunately that doesn't work either.

When you look at Harmattan concept of having desktop filled with “operational” widgets (widgets which allows you to have almost full functionality of a application right on a screen without going into app itself) it was something to wait for, something that was making the UI ultra functional
(slides 9 and 10) http://www.slideshare.net/peterschne...ogy-highlights
and now what have we got – just another UI, very similar to others

Being average consumer who just need ultra functional and practical but also very pleasant to operate and just nice UI, I can see no reason to choose MeeGo Vs. any other OS on the market now

Is the opportunity do change the handset market lost for Nokia ?

… or perhaps not ?– does anybody know if Harmattan UI will be implemented in Nokia version of MeeGo ???

i looked around that basics page and it looks like we can live without multitouch.
i guess lots of apps and most games will use it though.
this only time will tell us.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
whhaaatttt?!?

haven't seen so much people with unbelieveable over-expectations for something concentrated to one thread...
Guess you didnt read the PR1.2 threads then