Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
The 1.9MB is the Wazapp application. The other 18.6MB are support libraries from Nokia.

Don't completely uninstall Wazapp every time, or, if you want to remove Wazapp and leave the support libraries, do this:
Code:
apt-get remove wazapp
There's also another solution...
what I did, was the 1st time it asked to download the support lib dependecie packages, I copied all the downloaded lib packages to my mass memory (they're many lib***.deb files), and now when i have to intall them, I just incept (need inception istalled) all the files in the terminal, and then double click on the latest wazapp .deb file to install the client itself, and it doesn't ask me for any download anymore.

hope this helps.

cheers.

Last edited by lmiked; 2012-09-11 at 21:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to lmiked For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
ok, i had some issues too this morning, but i changed nothing and now it's gone.
must be a server issue. Keep in mind that we have 200 000 users according to download stats and each time we all plug in it could be a heavy load on the server itself.

Somebody asked about this last fix. Yes, i agree with Scorpius, no way to tell if this is going to hold long. Days or months.
We all proved here that this isn't an abandoned project at all so expect a permanent fix once we have it finished.
Also, i personally think that bytes change was caused by DNS server dropout.
Official clients were just a bit more flexible at that error.

So carry on as usual, updates are coming...

The way you record video or image in Wazapp now is the only correct and best way that Harmattan provides, via DBUS calls.
Trust me, I used it a lot, doesn't get better than that.

About audio recording, there is no such native thing in N9.
It would be much appriciated if someone would make an audio recorder and contribute to the project.

Location is fixed too AFAIK.

So have fun on your dates now that you have Wazapp back again.
:P
Hey, what about a free recorder app at the Nokia store for the N9 (just simply called recorder, and there's also a free call recorder), could that be used to record audio files, or be plugged into wazapp somehow?

cheers

Swedish(Sweden) translation ready for Wazapp-accounts

Last edited by crisscross; 2012-09-11 at 21:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crisscross For This Useful Post:
@CEPI:

1ST, thanks for all your work!!!

now I think I got a bug, when wazapp is running, and you go to contacts, if you scroll down to for example, letter T to check you contacts status or last seen time, then, when you press the back button you always go back to the top of the contact list or letter A, then if you want to check other contacts at the bottom, you have to scroll down again, in tgalal's (original 2.6 beta version), this doesn't happen, when you check the bottoms contacts last seen time, for example Zaxk, and then press back button, it will be in the same position, it memorizes (recalls) the position, it's not very important, but it might get annoying if you want to check many contacts at the bottom of the contact list.
Also, I don't if this is related, but today I was chatting with a friend and the scroll bar wasn't following the conversation, if I got a new message without leaving the chat it wouldn't go down automatically... I noticed this because my friend sent me a message right after I sent mine, and the scroll bar didn't go down, so I didn't see it, only after I left the conversation and then opened it back up, the scroll bar went all the way, I saw that I had received the message right after my last. This isn't too urgent, but I'm just reporting it, and trying to help you devs iron out the bugs little by little .

thanks again for all your work!!!

cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to lmiked For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
yes, it says "Wazapp not responding, close app?" Just click no.. if it says that again.. still click no.. it'll sync them all and stop crashing. It's just jumpy.. it's trying to blend in
Yes, with the versions before it worked... but the version from 0309 and the latest ones, doesn't work at all.. It just crashes...
Even after waiting for 1 hour....

Somehow, I couldn't even sync with the "default tgalal" version anymore

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Yes, with the versions before it worked... but the version from 0309 and the latest ones, doesn't work at all.. It just crashes...
Even after waiting for 1 hour....

Somehow, I couldn't even sync with the "default tgalal" version anymore
Same problem ! help ?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
The "send" button should have haptic feedback, just as the rest of the keyboard..

Hola a todos, solucionado el problema de registro de la cuenta de wazapp.
No es necesario el BlueStacks para nada.
Necesitais cualquier movil que tenga instalado whatsapp oficial, eliminais la cuenta y creais una nueva con vuestro numero de telefono que teneis en el n9, os envia al n9 el codigo de 3 digitos. En el terminal que teneis whatsapp cancelais la operacion de registro y ya esta. Abris el registro en el n9, dara fallo al registrarse por sms y al meter el codigo en modo manual dara como resultado que se ha registrado. El "unkow error" que daba creo que se debía a que de un modo u otro el numero de telefono aun estaba registrado en whatsapp con otro codigo.
Espero que os sirva de algo, a mi me funciono con la ultima version de Ceciperez.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reboreda For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lmiked View Post
There's also another solution...
what I did, was the 1st time it asked to download the support lib dependecie packages, I copied all the downloaded lib packages to my mass memory (they're many lib***.deb files), and now when i have to intall them, I just incept (need inception istalled) all the files in the terminal, and then double click on the latest wazapp .deb file to install the client itself, and it doesn't ask me for any download anymore.

hope this helps.

cheers.
interesting, how can we noobs do it?

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Switzerland
Thank you guys for your work!

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp