Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
I dont get why android is so fixated with menus, everything must have an extra menu for everything lol.

and thank god someone had the sense to realize head set jack at the bottom of the phone is where it should be.

Last edited by warrentaye; 2011-10-19 at 03:46.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
This ICS beeznees was totally underwhelming for me. ZERO GPU ACCELERATION ON THE UI AT THIS STAGE. WTF google!!!! The interface lacks simplicity and elegance too. They are so horrid at making great UI. Meh.

The phone is gorgeous tho, if only one can slap meego/harmattan on it. Android is such a waste on superpowered phones *sigh* One has to now rely on custom roms....again.
How did you gather that there's no GPU accelleration for the UI? I'm not sure I agree that the interface isn't simple and elegant, though, but then I've been using Android for a couple of years so I might not be noticing anything that doesn't seem simple and elegant. Can you explain what you mean, though?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-10-19 at 05:00.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Anyone going for Galaxy note?
I might, but now I wish it had ICS. Also, won't buy unless it's rootable (which I trust will be, unless Samsung wants to damage its own market).
Galaxy Note with ICS, rooted, and here's the money.

Chuck, can you have a talk with Samsung CEO, please?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I might, but now I wish it had ICS. Also, won't buy unless it's rootable (which I trust will be, unless Samsung wants to damage its own market).
Galaxy Note with ICS, rooted, and here's the money.

Chuck, can you have a talk with Samsung CEO, please?
Why wouldn't it get ICS?

Google confirms Nexus S will get Ice Cream Sandwich -- for real this time (Gingerbread devices, too)
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/19/g...wich-for-real/
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
How did you gather that there's no GPU accelleration for the UI?
There are many reports on this. The UI is STILL laggy. No GPU acceleration has even be filed as a bug, and it has not changed apparently. I will have to get that link for you later.

I'm not sure I agree that the interface isn't simple and elegant, though, but then I've been using Android for a couple of years so I might not be noticing anything that doesn't seem simple and elegant. Can you explain what you mean, though?
Same tired scrolling/panning grid of icons/widgets. The roboto font looks like a bootleg Segoe. The blue rectangular outlines look tacky. It's like a sci-fi symbian right down to the folder system they want to implement and resizable widgets. There is no 'settings button' anymore?! They multitasking UI is just as 'meh' as WP7. The UI model is just unoriginal, and it also appears there's no standardisation for how apps should look. Either that or devs simply don't follow them. Keep in mind I use a Nexus S btw.

Naturally, all this is subjective, just as there are some who will absolutely HATE the WP7 UI....fair...but it is functional and unique, I can accept that. For Google now I had high expectations, I wanted to see something original to Google on the UI font like say...what Palm did with WebOS. Instead ICS is a mashup.

Also they had the nerve to exclude facebook integration, what the cuss.

Also they had the nerve to exclude facebook integration, what the cuss.
That's old news
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20036138-251.html

It's pretty clear why that is. I mean you don't see MS integrating Google search in favour of Bing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
That's old news
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20036138-251.html

It's pretty clear why that is. I mean you don't see MS integrating Google search in favour of Bing.
indeed :/
pity

The Following User Says Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
- No front screen buttons
- Swipe
- No external memory

N9? no, Nexus Prime.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
This ICS beeznees was totally underwhelming for me. ZERO GPU ACCELERATION ON THE UI AT THIS STAGE. WTF google!!!! The interface lacks simplicity and elegance too. They are so horrid at making great UI. Meh.

The phone is gorgeous tho, if only one can slap meego/harmattan on it. Android is such a waste on superpowered phones *sigh* One has to now rely on custom roms....again.
Actually Ice Cream Sandwich does have hardware accelerated UI if you look at the release notes. Ice Cream Sandwich requires all devices to have some form of 2d acceleration.

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Actually Ice Cream Sandwich does have hardware accelerated UI if you look at the release notes. Ice Cream Sandwich requires all devices to have some form of 2d acceleration.
are you sure? link please
The link i have has it as an unresolved bug

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy