Notices

Originally Posted by Upp15 View Post
I tend to turn off the BT from Jolla in the evening and turn it on again in the morning. In my Pebble the BT is on all the time. The phone and the watch get connected perfectly (almost) every time, but the Rockpool app usually says "Disconnected" - and the notifications won't work - until I restart the service from Developer Tools (thank god for that ! ).
There's a 15 minute maximum retry timeout, but it should really detect when the bluetooth is turned back on and reconnect immediately. I'll see if I can replicate it.

I've noticed that behaviour also multiple times, it attempts to reconnect and errs with Socket Error. Bouncing BT (stop/start) or restarting daemon usually helps, didn't try to dig deeper yet. Think could be some stale socket?

There's some strangeness with the BT anyway - Rockpool doesn't work at all if BT is disabled on boot then enabled, because the adapter isn't present at all and it only watches for state changes. If it's switched off after boot then it stays around but its state is disabled, which is what Rockpool's expecting.

I think the BT implementation in Sailfish is going to change quite a bit soon, and we'll possibly have completely different bugs after that. So I thought the 'restart service' would be a good temporary fix.

Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
nope, Saera currently uses Wit.ai as the optional speech recognition engine - google and AT&T are planned as options but not yet implemented.

edit: the reason for using wit.ai is because it has an official Python client, whereas the google voice recognition is a hack that might break at any time.
Yes, wit.ai looks really great too!

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Hmm, I get this behaviour too but I thought it was a FP2 bug!

I have been ringing voicemail to solve this problem, thinking that it was a driver issue - when you end a call, the watch connects properly within a few seconds. Thinking about it, perhaps it's the segfault on end of phonecall bug that was mentioned earlier in the thread, causing the daemon to be started again, which makes the BT reconnect...lol.

yes, end-call segfault is quite frequent Definitely more than 50% occurrence.

The Following User Says Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
I wonder whether it would be possible to improve email notifications? Like, when an email comes in, it shows the subject line on the Pebble, and if I don't want to read it right away I can dismiss it. But, if another new email comes in, the notification just says "new emails", which is completely useless - I already know there's new emails, because the phone made a noise/the watch buzzed - I'd want to see the subject line of the new email, as on Android. Is this feasible?

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
yes, end-call segfault is quite frequent Definitely more than 50% occurrence.
Yeah, I really must fix that

Glad that it's come in useful for someone though

As for the email, I thought it already showed the separate messages instead of the '2 new emails' thing. Android messaging apps still do the group thing, but there's not much we can do about that.

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
yes, it shows new mail below. At least on PTR there appears a black dot at the bottom so i can just press down and read next mail. Need to try again, maybe when multiple mails come simultaneously jolla groups them together...

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
yes, it shows new mail below. At least on PTR there appears a black dot at the bottom so i can just press down and read next mail. Need to try again, maybe when multiple mails come simultaneously jolla groups them together...
Oh, looks like rockpool was not updated. I've installed the latest version and will check if it works when new emails come in.

Tags
pebble, smartwatch