i make fr and i want to break my phone now. i go setting s and sailfis os update disappeared..i cant update the say problem with store...
of cource now nothing app cant open i make 4 fr and the same ****

updating now... and take 11 min to do whole thing... +45min download...

... Store offered update to Maps... updating taked 2 seconds...

Have to try call recording now...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2014-12-22 at 17:08.

So Ive asked around on IRC about the new loading app circle animation and it looks like there is no known way (yet) to revert it back to behave like it did in update 8.
Its especially iritating considering apps now take longer to start, causing that white circle to appear for a longer period of time on the cover of homescreen.

Opening an app now shows a busy indicator animation on the app cover instead of the static "Loading" label

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I disagree. After having experience with OpenSUSE and Nemo, I must say that zypper dup handles system updates (and their dependency hells) much better than zypper up, which is better suited for regular updates. No wonder it is recommended by both OpenSUSE and Nemo Mobile.

I agree that version --dup (by the way, it is dup for a reason) should be used, but zypper dup saved me from having to restore my Jolla during the last two system updates, when updating through GUI failed and neither version --dup nor ssu worked.
don't tell me about your opensuse experience when you using sailfishos. upgrading sailfishos is not just installing new version of packages. if you don't want to respect ssu while upgrading system - please leave your opinion outside forum, because some noob users can read this.

P.S. don't forget to remove MEGABYTES of PERSISTENT logs /var/log/zypper.log after using zypper.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Eh? I have been on 1.1.1.27 since Friday. I thought 1.1.1.27 was a temporary fix to 1.1.1.26, just to remove the alpha-whatnot and that today was the day for a proper fix with a new version number. Did I get it wrong again?
1.1.1.26 was released for opt-in 9 and first ones first, not sure if it got to all others before it got on hold. As update got on hold for all who still not updates, those who got update to 1.1.1.26, got hot fix 1.1.1.27 (no one wants bricked phones). So they had hot fix but preferred to post-pone update to first work day, so they can get feedback and give support for the rest people.
short answer is "no" there is no update beyond 1.1.1.27. maybe there will be new update soon to bring fixed alphanumeric lock feature or they'll keep it till next update.
i wonder was it lack of QA on this bug coz bugs happen or coz of pressure to release before Christmas?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
don't tell me about your opensuse experience when you using sailfishos. upgrading sailfishos is not just installing new version of packages. if you don't want to respect ssu while upgrading system - please leave your opinion outside forum, because some noob users can read this.
stop being dictator with all due respect and your contribution, sometimes you are too harsh on people

P.S. don't forget to remove MEGABYTES of PERSISTENT logs /var/log/zypper.log after using zypper.
so version has no log, isn't it using zypper too?
and is there any log rotation for logs?

alphanumeric will be released in u11 only. If you want to get alphanumeric to work in 1.1.1.27 you need patch: https://openrepos.net/content/coderu...elock-settings

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
@ZogG version tool using sailfish internal upgrade mechanism based on store-client and ssu, it's not just upgrading packages like zypper does. zypper itself (as command-line utility) doesn't respect sailfish upgrade mechanism. if you want to use zypper or any other utility for upgrading sailfishos version - please do it at your home and don't public it in general threads in forum. It's dangerous for newible users. zypper (command-line tool) storing big logs, not libzypp backend itself. and there are no logrotate available for sailfishos/nemomobile, feel free to compile it yourself. Sailfish using journal to store logs, zypper (command-line tool) not using journal to store logs.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I'm afraid you completely misunderstood my post.

SailfishOS is indeed different from OpenSUSE, therefore I am against using zypper and strongly advise to use the GUI way (or 'version --dup' if you want to use the command line).
I was just reacting to the use of 'zypper up' - if you want to use zypper (which I do not recommend), then you should use 'zypper dup', not 'zypper up', because with 'zypper up' you are very likely to end up with half-updated system as it is not able to solve all the dependencies.

What I'm saying is that 'zypper dup' is good as a last resort when neither GUI nor 'ssu' work (my case).
PS: On the other hand, don't tell me that NemoMobile is that different from SailfishOS.

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-12-23 at 05:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Worth reading "Sailfish OS update – Vaarainjärvi" on Jolla Blog.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: