Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
I will have to look into it. Was it able to find that before? Or its always (for as long as you used it) has been an issue.

Great that it works with Photon, just will have to figure out what went wrong with OSM Scout Server geocoder...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2019 @ Friesenhagen
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I will have to look into it. Was it able to find that before? Or its always (for as long as you used it) has been an issue.

Great that it works with Photon, just will have to figure out what went wrong with OSM Scout Server geocoder...
I'm using Pure Maps since last week und installed OSM Scout Server yesterday morning. The first test in Friesenhagen doesn't work

Friesenhagen has some special thing:

The sate is "Rheinland-Pfalz", but postcode is 51598. Morsbach, neighbour town with postcode 51597 is "Nordrhein-Westfalen". Our postoffice is in Morsbach, too.

Originally Posted by jayki View Post
OT: Nice to meet a Sailfish User living under 30km from my Place, we should meet sometime!
That's a very small distance... I would say: Nur einen Katzensprung entfernt

30km is the half distance if i drive with my motorcycle after work .

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2019 @ Friesenhagen
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post

I'm using Pure Maps since last week und installed OSM Scout Server yesterday morning. The first test in Friesenhagen doesn't work

Originally Posted by jayki View Post
OT: Nice to meet a Sailfish User living under 30km from my Place, we should meet sometime!
That is a very small distance... I would say: Nur einen Katzensprung entfernt

30km is the half distance if i drive motorcycle after work .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tonno87 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tonno87 View Post

That is a very small distance... I would say: Nur einen Katzensprung entfernt

30km is the half distance if i drive motorcycle after work .
I cannot see anything that would strike immediately why its not imported. I opened an issue and will look into it https://github.com/rinigus/geocoder-nlp/issues/59

Looks like that part of import is not robust enough and maybe has buckled on something.

I have collected the issues regarding missing artwork under

https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...e+label%3Aart+

For those who are not artistically challenged, please take a look and maybe you could help with those.

Route icon placeholders were changed, but are still not final. I took them from navigation icons, but I am not sure if its the best

New release is out: 1.17.0

This release brings automatic zoom, plus codes, simpler way to reset text fields and few notification messages that should help you with setting things up. Translations are updated and few bugs fixed.

Automatic zoom is not enabled by default to avoid dangerous situations while you start driving. It can be switched on by tapping on scale bar and this will work only if you autocenter a map (as it is while navigating). To enable autozoom by default, change the preferences under Navigation. There are also autozoom options to tune to your liking.

@cy8aer suggested to implement Open Location Code (aka plus codes, https://plus.codes/). Those are implemented and available as POI properties, can be shared, and entered in Search. Only FULL codes are available. For so-called short codes, I will have to think whether offload the responsibility to the geocoder or implement it in Pure Maps.

To avoid black map with black buttons situations as imposed on revoked Mapbox API key, there is a message now displayed with links to preferences and few other places to fix it. Thanks to the user suggesting it.

To improve TTS feedback on missing engine case, notification is displayed when you start navigating and there is a better explanation with some pointers in TTS testing part of Preferences.

As suggested by @Pohli, there is a clear text button that allows you to remove long texts in your POI titles as well as everywhere else where textfield is used.

Great work by translators, thank you!

PS: Flatpak release stays on 1.16 for now until Kirigami gets new release (or I'll start pulling its git master into flatpak). I'm developing against Kirigami master branch and few features were added for better Pure Maps support.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
wohoO autozooOm PMs is getting a premium app. B.Thanks at @otsaloma @rinigus.

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2019-02-26 at 02:49.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Not learned yet to use these map stuffs but can sure give props and honour to one putting so much effort helping others. Admirable.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Not learned yet to use these map stuffs but can sure give props and honour to one putting so much effort helping others. Admirable.
Please learn. This is one app that makes Sailfish great.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
@rinigus
Situation: Album_orientation, PureMaps->Menu->Navigation->Type-edit-> Portret_orientation-empty_screen

It's OK or not?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post: