Active Topics

Notices

Thanks gnuite,

This is wonderful application. Thank you for giving this to us.

Hey,
I saw that version 2.0 will move to a database rather than filesystem for storing the maps. I don't suppose there are any compiled 2.0 beta versions around with this functionality ?

Heading off on holiday soon and trying to load up memory card, but running out of space, very rapidly with the unfortunately small files !

The 770 is the most interesting 'gadget I've seen for the $. I'm 'an old-guy'
but have been am early adaptor for a long time, I'm running out of energy to
see how new devices might work for me.

Please give detailed insturctions for the challenged old timers that have never
see used this OS.

THanks n advance

Is there any way I can use my own Google Maps route with this software?

Now every one knows that we can edit(by dragging the blue line in the map) our given route in the maps and google will give new directions accordingly. How I can use this feature in our mapper software?

And is there any way I can use this software without GPS unit(like GPS offline mode)? I mean when i download the route and start my driving it should show my first instruction , once i complete that direction i just click next button or some button on the 770, then it will show my next instruction(in screen map also will move that that location) and it should show all instruction with scroll bar when ever i needed in the middle of driving and some arrow pointer should point to where i am ..... like that (just to avoid paper printout )

Last edited by Green_Star; 2007-08-29 at 16:19.

Sorry Gnuite for my stupid quastione - but it's so long time to wait for a new version - database map storing mechanism is needed veeery much (SD cards are always small :-()
When do you think you will release your new 2.0 maemo mapper version ?

Bug reporting:
During my very nice travel to Pyrenees mountains I have found a problem:
When charching of N800 is started (from my car cigarete lighter) Maemo Mapper stops showing the GPS tracking.
I always had to restart bluetooth + maemo mapper for start showing GPS tracking again.
My GPS is Nokia LD-3W.

Hello, I have n770 OS 2006 (49.2 latest one) 2 GB card, dual boot. I just updated Maemo mapper. Every thing is working fine, but when I touch any POI icon, it just crashes. How can I fix it. Shall I uninstall and install again ? I am not using any blutooth GTS, just plain mapper, with some POIs added my me using sqlite3.

Please help.
Thanks

Originally Posted by tama View Post
Hello, I have n770 OS 2006 (49.2 latest one) 2 GB card, dual boot. I just updated Maemo mapper. Every thing is working fine, but when I touch any POI icon, it just crashes. How can I fix it. Shall I uninstall and install again ? I am not using any blutooth GPS, just plain mapper, with some POIs added my me using sqlite3.

Please help.
Thanks
I un installed it and installed again. But it is same, it is stull crashing. Any opinion, how to dubug this ?

Maybe there's an incorrect character in your poi database, check with a clean database and add your POIs one by one.

I uninstalled mapper 1.4.7-3 and then installed 1.4.7-2. (https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...7-2_armel.deb). 1.4.7-2 is working fine wothout crash.

Just one more thing. http://eko.one.pl/index.php?page=Nokia770_software page shows that mapper can show different icons for different categories. I made icons 32x32 (jpeg as well bmp) and copied into directory as specified, but I still do not see icons. All I see is purple square icon. It will be a fun thing. But I can live without it. Mapper overall is excellent tool.