Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Do you want a standard qwerty in landscape mode?
Poll Options
Do you want a standard qwerty in landscape mode?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
It seems to be a bug in qt mobility.
Check your contact list, if anybody have 2 equal credentials, this is the problem.
For example, I had 2 ICQ accounts enabled, and several people was in both lists. As I disabled 1 of ICQ accounts, problem disappeared.

The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverYoung For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
You are correct. I had all my duplicate contacts across multiple accounts merged beforehand, but I guess that's not enough for it. After disabling all of my accounts I was able to get it to load. Which, well, sucks ***.

What the hell does QTMobility in a keyboard do dicking around with contacts? I sure as hell don't want to toggle my accounts on/off just to get the vkb to work right. *Sigh* Thank you for finding that out though.

- Edit -
I've also had time to notice how the default keyboard works in my time of not having the fastsmsevo kb work, and I take back my earlier argument that the "Go" checkmark should be seperate from the enter key - the Nokia stock vkb does that, assume enter should work as a 'go' in some cases, and I suppose I don't mind it if it's pulled off correctly.

So realsportscars, if you ever come back, that's my current opinion on the matter.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-07-19 at 07:19.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
hello sorry for not reading the whole thread, but is there an easy way to make a new layout for fastsms? I want on one hand to be able to switch from english to greek with a tap (like on the latin layout with cyrillic) and have a "limited support a.k.a. GSM alphabet layout (the Latin capitals that are common with a Greek one plus the rest of the Greek capitals ΓΔΘΞΣΠΦΨΩ)"

Is there a text file I can edit like e.g. ukeyboard?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
hello sorry for not reading the whole thread, but is there an easy way to make a new layout for fastsms? I want on one hand to be able to switch from english to greek with a tap (like on the latin layout with cyrillic) and have a "limited support a.k.a. GSM alphabet layout (the Latin capitals that are common with a Greek one plus the rest of the Greek capitals ΓΔΘΞΣΠΦΨΩ)"

Is there a text file I can edit like e.g. ukeyboard?
I believe that's a partial yes - there's layout files you can edit, but you have to recompile yourself your modified copy of fastsms to get those changes, since they're compiled-in as is currently.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Is it possible to load fastsms on autostart list when the phone boots as it takes ages to load on a fresh restart..Really gets irritationg when u need to type a urgent message in potrait mode..

what's more i have selected autorotate, but sometimes it just changes its layout and stays in landscape, then i have to restart the phone for it to change it orientation... doesn't work the way it should. i installed the evo version of it but it made the phone hang again and again... anyone know a solution?

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Is it possible to add the button "return" key alphanumérico too? It is inconvenient to change, when I write short texts, Qwerty keyboard to change lines.

Thank you.

is there a way to turn off the dictionary and just input a word manually using alphanumeric keyboard? if yes could someone please tell me how? TIA

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Russia, Vladivostok
Hi everyone
Guys please tell me whether this project is still being developed?
I bought my N900 recently and I'm very dissapointed with no possibility to comfortably multi-language chatting in portrait mode. Thanks a lot anyway

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Sanis View Post
Hi everyone
Guys please tell me whether this project is still being developed?
I bought my N900 recently and I'm very dissapointed with no possibility to comfortably multi-language chatting in portrait mode. Thanks a lot anyway
You can change the keyboard layout language to russian from the settings. If you don't like using the program to send messages try FastSMSEvo. It allows you to use the program as a virtual keyboard so you can use the default Conversations program in portrait.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post: