Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
From Twitter:

We'll have a ‪#Devaamo‬ hackday with @jollamobile sometime next month. Check back soon! ‪#Jolla
Might be an interesting event for those of us who are in Finland. Devaamo is pretty much the same people who organized the Finnish MeeGo Summit last year.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
About the UX issue... swipe or not... I have to admit that while the N9 looks nice the way it is and some ideas in the UI are OK, I'd much prefer a desktop like on the N900, on Symbian or Android. It's just so much more powerful. Given that jolla may have to target the more geeky users instead of going for the iPhone market segment, I'd say oversimplifying things (as the N9 does sometimes) shouldn't be on their agenda.
but i still want to be able to close apps or move them to multitasking with swipe motion

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
but i still want to be able to close apps or move them to multitasking with swipe motion
Windows 8 can do that. Not funny! Time to come up with something new and better

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
M$ would just waste their time suing the new MeeGo xD at this point in time MeeGo is no threat for them, tbh it would be better for them if MeeGo would kick off well get fame for them to sue later on
That's my point.

Hm, I just wonder what is this doing in "Competitors". TMO is not bound to Nokia, or is it?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Hm, I just wonder what is this doing in "Competitors". TMO is not bound to Nokia, or is it?
Not bound to nokia, but the bills are paid by nokia, at least until next new year.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Thats just Slashgear Google translating finnish article. The linked original article in ITviikko says that Nokia sometimes gives patents for layed off people who start their own busineses, but it does not say that this has been the case with Jolla.
The original article strongly implies it but sadly, Bernd said on FB:
"We did _not_ get patents from Nokia. The article was, as Riitta Pessi correctly points out, mistranslated, and then spread rapidly."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3203...al_comments=17

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Plus if they wait for like 6 more months(after win 8 goes to $h!t just like 7.5) Nokia will be more than happy to sell them anything they might need from the SwipeUX for almost nothing.
W8 will "success" reason is most people are stupid followers and Microsoft cant make it fail so they will markettting it as hell.

But who cares! If Jolla only gets 2% of the market its a BIG success. So I personally dont give a **** if MicroNokia will sell better as long as Jolla is Linux based an as open as possible.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I thought Nokia have outsourced all OS development (WP made by MS, Symbian to Accenture).

So if WP8 doesn't work out and Jolla look to have a solid product, maybe Nokia would look to them for their new product line.
I think Jolla is Jolla and not part of Nokia is for reason already. And if they work with Nokia, it might always happen that another Elop will come and ruin things.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
About the UX issue... swipe or not... I have to admit that while the N9 looks nice the way it is and some ideas in the UI are OK, I'd much prefer a desktop like on the N900, on Symbian or Android. It's just so much more powerful. Given that jolla may have to target the more geeky users instead of going for the iPhone market segment, I'd say oversimplifying things (as the N9 does sometimes) shouldn't be on their agenda.
It depends on what of the SwipeUI. Swipe to close or minimize is a must

On Playbook i have to close using the close button at the top and I HATE it. Its so stupid way on a tablet/phone.

But I think they can take that without Nokia can do something about it cause that is an innovation taken from WebOS.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla