Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Stupid question... have you found any success with changing your user login credentials with the Google Play Store or do you have to start this entire process over since there's no true Settings app (not the Google Settings) for settings?

Actually... resolved. Nevermind.

Last edited by gerbick; 2016-03-16 at 03:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Stupid question... have you found any success with changing your user login credentials with the Google Play Store or do you have to start this entire process over since there's no true Settings app (not the Google Settings) for settings?

Actually... resolved. Nevermind.
It have setting, just need to be installed like Phonesky.apk

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
It have setting, just need to be installed like Phonesky.apk
Google Account switching sounds interesting and even potentially useful to me – could you tell me which apk enables those settings? Thanks in advance!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

apkd-install /path/GmsCore.apk

in the same directory as a Phonesky.apk

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

The route I took was slightly different. Created a situation where I had updated my main Google account, invoked 2-step verification which creates a situation where you cannot log back in and you cannot remove or update that account via the Play Store or the Google Settings. In fact, you're almost stuck from what I saw.

My steps (which may not be helpful) are as follows:
  • Stop Android services
  • /opt/alien/data/system/sync resides the account.xml.
Code:
mv account.xml account.bak
  • Uninstall Google Play Store via UI (Phonesky.apk will stay in /opt/alien/system/priv-app this way)
  • Reinstall Google Play Store via terminal
Code:
apkd-install /opt/alien/system/priv-app/Phonesky.apk
  • Reboot or Restart Android Services

The Play Store will start sending out notifications for already installed apps, update itself and then you can sign-in with your new credentials and input the 2-step verification credentials. Via the Google Settings, I could add a new account, but not affect an existing one. Gmscore.apk seems to facilitate connection to the Google Play Store, but if you have to edit your password - it will refer you to the website and not allow you to re-enter your credentials. That was my experience unfortunately which led to the above.

On an Android device, you'd just enter into the Settings App (com.android.settings.apk), then update your login credentials. On this part, I could be wrong and an icon is not being created (which is not too far out of the scope of this thread).

Last edited by gerbick; 2016-03-16 at 14:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD

When I try the to do apkd-install Google Play Store asks is I want to install an update to this build-in application. What should I do here? The options are Cancel and Install. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm not sure why but the Play Store actually is working in the sense that I can access the play store from my browser and it knows what apps I have on my tablet. Including those that I simply copied from another phone and installed on the tablet. So it seems that the only thing missing is the Play Store icon.

EDIT: Now the play store icon has mysteriously appeared! Go figure!

Last edited by mscion; 2016-03-17 at 15:20.

Don't understand what you want to do...
From scratch, run this one line command:
Code:
apkd-install /opt/alien/system/priv-app/Phonesky.apk /opt/alien/system/priv-app/GmsCore.apk
It will start 2 popup windows, press install and finish with Done for both (Store and Services).
It will install old versions of Play store and Google services. DON'T restart aliendalvik until both of them will update themselves.
That's all...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Don't understand what you want to do...
From scratch, run this one line command:
Code:
apkd-install /opt/alien/system/priv-app/Phonesky.apk /opt/alien/system/priv-app/GmsCore.apk
It will start 2 popup windows, press install and finish with Done for both (Store and Services).
It will install old versions of Play store and Google services. DON'T restart aliendalvik until both of them will update themselves.
That's all...
Yes. That's what I had unwittingly done and it worked. I was confused because it was earlier mentioned not to install a new version gapps and then when popup window came up it mentioned an update so I was thinking I was supposed to avoid this. I guess what was described as as old version meant the kk version of gapps and not lollipop version.

Also. Thank you for your help!

Like I wrote in my first post (see UPDATE section), we can get it working only if we will install old version and will wait for auto update. You can't install directly latest version even if it completely compatible with tablet. After aliebdalvik or lipstick restart or reboot, both icons will disappear from homescreen. Only old version working (after auto update).

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
hmm , i install today the play store without any problems. i follow the instruction from tjc link on the first thread. Only one thing, that i send over terminal two times the command line to install Phonesky.apk, nothing more.