Active Topics

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Meet pebble steel...and black.
I preferred the first plastic model personally. At least that looked unusual and the price was better.

The steel model looks cheaper, like a cheap fashion knockoff brand watch, but isn't.

I still don't see the point though until you can get months out of the battery. These smar****ch designers seem to forget what is useful about non-smar****ches.

The Sony smar****ch I had for about 2 months was annoying, requiring recharging every 3-5 days and it looked a heck of a lot better than the pebble. The main problem though was it never managed to keep a connection with my phone and didn't work as a watch unless connected to get the time from the phone. And then Sony stopped updating their app for that model smar****ch and the old software didn't work on Android 4.x.

edit: sigh. the forum software doesn't like T W A T.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I preferred the first plastic model personally. At least that looked unusual and the price was better.

The steel model looks cheaper, like a cheap fashion knockoff brand watch, but isn't.

I still don't see the point though until you can get months out of the battery. These smar****ch designers seem to forget what is useful about non-smar****ches.

The Sony smar****ch I had for about 2 months was annoying, requiring recharging every 3-5 days and it looked a heck of a lot better than the pebble. The main problem though was it never managed to keep a connection with my phone and didn't work as a watch unless connected to get the time from the phone. And then Sony stopped updating their app for that model smar****ch and the old software didn't work on Android 4.x.

edit: sigh. the forum software doesn't like T W A T.
I actually bought the Pebble Steel because it looks a lot more stylish.
Battery last way longer on the Pebble then on the Sony smart watches... Note that the screen on Pebble is always on, while all the other smart watches out there you need to something before you see the time, like pressing a button.

There is also an appstore announced for the Pebble watch. I think that guys like Pebble will support their watches better then other companies

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post

I'm really surprised how the metal pebble is getting praised. That wrist band looks like something from a 80's Casio.
That housing though I think is the best yet of any smart watch.

This Pebble is certainly not enough for me to buy it, but it just shows how utterly crazy, crappy Samsung Gear is. 10 hour battery life and design only fit for Asian teenager. Not to talk about how you should charge Gear. That thing has made no sense to me ever since it was announced.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I actually bought the Pebble Steel because it looks a lot more stylish.
Battery last way longer on the Pebble then on the Sony smart watches... Note that the screen on Pebble is always on, while all the other smart watches out there you need to something before you see the time, like pressing a button.

There is also an appstore announced for the Pebble watch. I think that guys like Pebble will support their watches better then other companies
I guess there's no point on arguing about looks.
I do agree that Pebble is getting the concept of a what smart watch should be. Again repeating myself on how lost Samsung or Sony are with their smart watch concept. I guess especially Samsung will need Apple or possibly Pebble to show the way before they put their hardware superiority to play.

Last edited by tissot; 2014-01-07 at 15:22.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

Samsungs new android GUI?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Samsungs new android GUI?
Samsung copying stuff? I don't believe you. Not.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Samsung copying stuff? I don't believe you. Not.
Who don't like to copy stuff...

Buy this cheap $499 printer and start copy the other half.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/07/499-3d-printer/

Launch in EU, US and Asia in March.

Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Hello? I'd like a money full credit card printed. :P

Originally Posted by Half-Life_4_Life View Post
Hello? I'd like a money full credit card printed. :P
IT much more fun if you earn IT...trust me

Or buy the printer and transfer a working chip where you have the money to the card you printed with super glue.

http://www.geek.com/chips/criminals-...mmers-1567392/

Always cover your keystrokes

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-01-07 at 22:59.

Dude, you are never happy. I bet you complain about same thing next year when your level of acceptance changes I'm right or am I right?
Haha lol you could say that. But then how would we get progress without it? There's a few times where I've said "this device is perfect at its time":
- PS2 Slim
- HTC TyTNNII
- HTC Touch PRO
- N900
- Old Gaming PC
- PS3 Slim
- iPad 2
- OG NOTE

The Pebble is the best smart watch out there not because it's so great but simply because it wins by ddefault. Alternatives are all too basic (fitness trackers etc etc) or they're too heavy, too big, too complicated. ...or simply can't last more than 4 days without a charge.

I don't ask for much, I know the trends and what's possible with today's limits. And because of that I wasn't pleased with the Pebble/Steel or the Lenovo Helix. However both of those are devices I'm seeking to buy, hence why I'm critical.

Oh and possibly Steam Box. ...I'm thinking of building my own. What better way to support Gaming and Linux? Aren't you tired of Super tux. ...?!?!?!?

I'm flattered

Nah not tired of supertux, I got a lot of emulators