Active Topics

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
@corkpcp:
Sorry, didn't intend to be rude or mean on you, but I couldn't help finding it a little amusing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by corkpcp View Post
Does anyone know how much Jolla is supporting Mer upstream?
List of closed vs open packages: http://piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro....1q74o1O/latest

Sailfish is based in Nemo/Mer, so there you go.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I'm hoping Jolla are being pessimistic with those deadlines due to the time of year.
That's what Jolla (Marc?) said in an interview - they were being pessimistic.

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I use Nokia Drive a lot too in the car so I'm nervous to see how the maps app works though I've a pile of Nokias that I can keep in the car for that duty.
I agree with this... Drive and offline maps is almost essential. The good thing is that I can still use the N9 without a SIM

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Does anyone know how much Jolla is ...
Hijacking this question to talk a bit about Jolla and open source.

I don't have metrics for everything, but here's what I do know.

The central focus of Jolla's open source efforts are in the Mer and Nemo environments, because those are where we get the basis for our distribution (Sailfish OS). These are open projects and not just run by any one individual or organisation, but we contribute quite a good slice. A large part of our work is based on and around open source software.

You can follow through the individual projects where much of this work happens:
https://github.com/mer-packages/
https://github.com/nemomobile-packages/
https://github.com/nemomobile/

Onto some metrics:

https://www.ohloh.net/p/nemomobile

(note the dip in 2012 when Nokia ceased their activities, and note how it's been steadily increasing since - again, not everyone in Nemo is working for Jolla - but there's quite a number of us)

Jolla also contributes to other projects, such as my own personal favorite - Qt:

http://www.macieira.org/~thiago/qt-s...r.absolute.png

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by txus View Post
Sorry for offtopic, but... EASY?? First, you DO remember how much we have waited, right? Second, you DO realize how much 100 euro from a few thousand people have helped them reach the hopefully self-sustaining situation where they are now, right? And BTW, those T-shirts have probably cost about 10-20 € tops buying them single. Imagine after ordering a few thousand.

OK, sorry for the rant. Back on topic... No, I haven't cancelled. I'll be passing it on to someone outside the supported countries.
You have misread my post.
I am waiting as well and I do understand the OP and respect his choice.

My post was solely about the 100EUR voucher - my example with getting free t-shirt was not about the OP, it was just an example why it would not make sense to expect the refund (of 100EUR voucher). I know these weren't anyone's intentions, but I wanted to make this clear prior to reading "Jolla is bad, they didn't refund the 100EUR in cash" all over TMO in few weeks.

I don't think that cancellation of your order will destroy your 100EUR voucher - I expect it to be valid till 06/2014 - but it's not cashable.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Hey all... A fellow sailor pointed this thread out to me. I can say there is a big pile of Jollas in a warehouse near you. And more arriving every day. Jolla's Sailors are working day and night to get them bundled up and into the post as soon as possible. We really appreciate your patience.

The delivery time specified at the time of your order is still valid.

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Jasonrice For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Hi all,
Also I like to hear lossless music, hence I were investigating the use of DAP - without any luck.
Could you please give more details about that?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
I know this will sound a bit like a fanboy speech, but bear in mind that today is a public holiday in Finland, big respect for all sailors who are actually interacting today on TMO. I mean, shouldn't you be getting drunk or something? :-)

edit: fixed typo

Last edited by ggabriel; 2013-12-06 at 16:21.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I know this will sound a bit like a fanboy speech, but bear in mind that today is a public holiday in Finald, big respect for all sailors who are actually interacting today on TMO. I mean, shouldn't you be getting drunk or something? :-)
I'm in Norway, so I'm exempt from the holiday. But I don't like public holidays much anyway normally :-)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I know this will sound a bit like a fanboy speech, but bear in mind that today is a public holiday in Finald, big respect for all sailors who are actually interacting today on TMO. I mean, shouldn't you be getting drunk or something? :-)
I am in Finland not Finald so I can still comment here

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post: