I said get on board with Jolla. I also said Jolla's trying to pave a new way for themselves, cutting themselves away from legacy Nokia features.

Hence, I'll summarize in bullet points:
- Jolla wants to be disruptive, knows its too small to be able to
- Nokita wants the "old ways" back
- If Nokita is really that big/powerful, backing Jolla would be disruptive
- We're not sure if Nokita wants to be disruptive, or if they just want the good olde days
- If Nokita is successful in buying Nokia, then Nokia will become a late runner to the me-too camp and they'll fail (unless crazy marketing and mindshare)
- Thus, Nokita would fail and it wouldn't affect the market one way or another

Its big business. I hope I was clear enough.

I'm flattered

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
They should put money behind real innovation. Jolla doesn't have it. Not sure who has it at this point.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Jolla will only release one phone. And that is to show othert big manufactors that there is an ready alternative to Android.

Then they may success if they get LG or HTC or other big company licensing they'r OS. Or else they are doomed.
Jolla only have 80 employees, they don't have to achieve huge volumes to be a viable profitable company. How do you define 'success'?

A partnership with LG could be a fast track to the big league though. If the G2 had Sailfish on it I'd be at Carphone Warehouse tomorrow morning.

As for outbidding Microsoft for NOKIA... Why? What a mess you'd be getting yourself into now. Elop has destroyed the smart devices division and doomed the mobile phone division too. Who'd want to buy that wreckage?

I'd rather see what's left of NOKIA joining forces with BlackBerry, then you'd have a top notch OS, high calibre enterprise services, best of breed mapping/navigation, PureView imaging technology and a potent patent portfolio to boot.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
They should put money behind real innovation. Jolla doesn't have it. Not sure who has it at this point.
For once, we agree. Not sure who's being innovative at the moment. Guess we just have to be patient and see who'll be that group/company.

Awwwwwww....we agree!!!

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Awwwwwww....we agree!!!
Thanks for the genuine laugh tonight. LOL

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I do not know it it works this way, but I'd be happy to see MS up their offer on NMP if they feel that somebody else is coming out to bid for it.
It's already pretty much ruined so it does not matter in the end who gets the pieces it but I'd really like to see MS milked for the full value

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I do not know it it works this way, but I'd be happy to see MS up their offer on NMP if they feel that somebody else is coming out to bid for it.
It's already pretty much ruined so it does not matter in the end who gets the pieces it but I'd really like to see MS milked for the full value
A bid from Microsoft is a lot like licking the sandwich and giving everybody that knowing look that it's yours. Nobody wants Nokia now that Microsoft wants it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: