Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
when i enabled v4l1 in the kernel, i got omap24xxwebcam to show up but no video could be recieved.

but as soon as i fix my sbox, i'll look into that voloop stuff.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-04-20 at 11:53.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
I suppose this is now a dead thread (and idea)... I am truly sad

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
No, tz1 got it to work for chinook's flashplayer:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=19855

But someone ****ed it up with diablo's flashplayer because tz1's stuff stopped working with it (and it's not tz1's fault).

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Could someone please summarize this thread. Flash works fine on my N810 browser except that it does not recognise the built-in camera.

Is there anything I can do to make Flash recognise the camera on my N810? Or is everyone awaiting improved software?

Do we need to vote somewhere for this feature?

Many thanks.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Could someone please summarize this thread.
The tablets use a low level technology called video4linux (v4l) to let applications get video from the camera. Video4linux frees applications from having to know about, and fiddle with, all the details of the camera hardware.

Adobe wrote the Flash plug-in with support for the old, original video4linux. The tablets use a newer, incompatible revision of the video4linux standard: video4linux 2 (v4l2).

If the Flash plug-in is a Shakespearean play, v4l2 on the tablets is your average American high school student. There's a basic disconnect in understanding due to change over time, and while the gap could be bridged, it would take some serious effort and dedication.

Is there anything I can do to make Flash recognise the camera on my N810?
Not at this time, no.

Do we need to vote somewhere for this feature?
You may vote on bug # 1889, but as it has already been closed WONTFIX, nothing is likely to come of it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: