Active Topics

yes please to the photo offer! I want to see how it attaches and some side shots to see the thickness increase etc.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Yes could you please post some pictures of the case. Do you feel the cover provides sufficient protection if one would put the N800 in a backpack or bag with other items? Thanks for the info.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Thirded for photos!

Amazingly Expansys UK is now showing 1 September again... it seems to yo-yo between that date and 31 August - argh.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Philadelphia, PA
Photos will be helpful. How good is the glue/magnet for keeping the cover in place ? Will it last ? I wouldnt want it to come off in a few weeks, esp. when it costs $40.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ san jose, california
found the .PDF manual for the SU-31 case at:

http://www.nokia.com.br/nokia/0,,102785,00.html

-matt

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
if its protective as the 770's cover then I'm gonna start wishing I had an n800

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
EEK! I don't want to start gluing things to my N800!
Pass!
I have one like this for a Nintendo DS, and it works like a charm... $9 target.
N800 fits snug, and I can fit it in my pocket. Plus I use the mesh zipper pouch on the side as my wallet for the time being.

Wow, you sound as if you think the gluing causes major disruption to the device. As my posted pictures will show, it is a very thin metal strip that is glued with provided adhesive to the back of the N800. After peeling off the tape strip and putting it into place, the instructions suggest giving it 12 hours before adding the magnetic case cover so that it cures properly.

I've now had it sitting since this Friday afternoon and it seems very strong. The strip is so thin that if you ever wanted to throw it in the pouch the N800 came with or put another case around it you could without any thickness issues.

The case photos you show seem to be very clumsy for a device you should be able to grab and use quickly. I think this Nokia magnetic approach is better than a pouch or wrap around case such as the Boxwave, which tend to get in the way of the hardware buttons.

Originally Posted by adammelancon View Post
EEK! I don't want to start gluing things to my N800!
Pass!
I have one like this for a Nintendo DS, and it works like a charm... $9 target.
N800 fits snug, and I can fit it in my pocket. Plus I use the mesh zipper pouch on the side as my wallet for the time being.

Here are links to both the Boxwave Designio Leather Case and the Nokia SU-31 case. The Boxwave photos show bad fit and thickness of permanent case that makes use of the hardware buttons difficult.

Nokia SU-31

Boxwave Designio Leather Case

I have the Boxwave rubberized Flexiskin coming in next week. I'll post those pictures when I receive it.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
Sorry, but with the magnet, it just looks like a hideous add on. What they should have done was ship the official case with a new battery cover that has the magnet built-in. Now that would be sweet!