Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
the announcement? phone calls on NITDroid. there, I said it.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
In other words, it will not be sufficiently competitive with even GARMIN much less Google Maps or anybody else, right?
You're obviously going on your experience of Ovi Maps on Maemo. 'Nokia Maps' on E71 was better than any competitive-in-price Garmin device (e.g., the whole Nuvi range).

It has improved on later devices.

Apparently the Harmattan device is getting the same version of Ovi Maps that Symbian^3 has ...

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
come on nokia, Qwerty , carl zeiss , xenon flash, autofocus + n900 hardware upgrade, how hard can it be... :<

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
I heard a rumour but not sure how reliable it is, that nokia have again been in talks with google because of android...
If that were the case, I'd still be disappointed but I'd admint that it would be FAR better than the current plan to combine two dramatic failures together: Nokia's appalling customer support, antique looking designs and incredible lack of hardware support.. with Microsoft's unloved operating system and ME-TOO behind-the-curve services and applications. At least with Android, they would finally be making SOME kind of progress into the current decade. What a disappointment either way.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Nokia announces that a door hit them on the head and it finally dawned on them that they do hardware, not software, so, they will now focus on that.

Their offer will be restricted to one phone per class. N, E, and P, being the Nerd, Enterprise and Poor slob lines.

Also, they will change their name to Carrot and their phone will be dubbed uPhones, with uPhone N1 and uPhone E1 being launched this summer.

Also, there is talk of a new uPad.

Their whole OS will be missing. Since Google can answer anything, the phone will boot up to Google's page, you can handle it from there.

It's the community's job to fill in the gaps.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Nokia announces that a door hit them on the head and it finally dawned on them that they do hardware, not software, so, they will now focus on that.

Their offer will be restricted to one phone per class. N, E, and P, being the Nerd, Enterprise and Poor slob lines.

Also, they will change their name to Carrot and their phone will be dubbed uPhones, with uPhone N1 and uPhone E1 being launched this summer.

Also, there is talk of a new uPad.

Their whole OS will be missing. Since Google can answer anything, the phone will boot up to Google's page, you can handle it from there.

It's the community's job to fill in the gaps.
If all that were true, I'd still be happier because at least they'd leave it to the community instead of TELLING us that and then hiding things in closed-source. :P Also... I would probably kinda LIKE a tablet that did nothing but boot into a browser that goes straight to Google's services. Not a bad idea--although I think that's what ChromeOS is all about, isn't it?

To ChromeOS's credit, I LOVE that Google has decided NOT to lock-up the Linux layer of the ChromeOS laptops and leaves it open for the geeky among us to splash ourselves around in the POSIX goodness! GOOD on Google for that!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Sooooo... did they announce it yet?

Tags
maemo envy, prof.farnsworth, titanic, troll jerk off