Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r View Post
It would be nice for the 770 to get support for PAN but I highly doubt it. I think windows mobile is going to incorporate DUN back into it before we can get support for PAN. I downloaded my WM6 upgrade at http://wmblack.info/
I believe those are all the GSM phones, which of course excludes Sprint and Verizon.

The PPC6700/Apache is manufactured by HTC. Look at XDA-Dev, I'm sure that they have a section for it.

Ninja

Thanks for the detail. You and Ninja's post just prior to yours identified the problem. I am running 2006 OS on the device and not sure I want to risk the upgrade, bricking the device or not happy with [in]stability.

Just to clear things up since I think I had the most trouble getting it to work. Ninja helped a bunch

I have a Nokia 770 and a Cingular 8525, but it should work with any windows mobile 6 phone.

1. Upgrade Nokia 770 to the 2007 HE
2. Upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 on the phone
3. Install the all in one cab file from XDA-Developers. the exe is not needed
4. Turn on bluetooth on the phone and make it discoverable
5. Use the bluetooth utility on the 770, not the phone bluetooth but the normal bluetooth program and pair the phone and 770
6. Create a connection to your carrier, For me I dialed *99#, domain wap.cingular, Username WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, pw CINGULAR1 (you should know it if you have a data plan)
7. I then tried to connect I dont think it worked the first time. so I deleted the pairing on both the phone and 770, reset the phone only then repeated steps 4 and 5 and connected and it worked

Originally Posted by SteinyD View Post
Thanks for the detail. You and Ninja's post just prior to yours identified the problem. I am running 2006 OS on the device and not sure I want to risk the upgrade, bricking the device or not happy with [in]stability.
Just upgrade how are you going to brick your 770?

Ok, I've upgraded to OS 2007. More painless then I thought. I am still having the same issues not being able to get the connection completed. I can pair via bluetooth, I have setup the 'packet data' connection record on the 770 with the Cingular required accesss point and connection info. I can see it communicate with the 8525 phone as it establishes an edge connection. But the 770 reports failed to connect.

On the 8525 i'm running PDAnet. When I don't run PDA net, the 770 bluetooth details for the pairing shows that I only have OPP profile available. When I install PDANet, the 770 pairing details shows that I have OPP and DUN. I don't see DUN after installing the WM6_BT_DUN all in one cab from xda-developers. So something isn't being installed properly.

I'd appreciate a bit more help here ... i'm sure i'm very close to having this done and can't seem to finish it!

Help!

Thanks,
David

Just upgrade how are you going to brick your 770?

Last edited by SteinyD; 2007-07-12 at 05:31.

make sure your connection settings are correct. Mine were wrong the first time. also did you restart the phone.

Yes, phone restarted (several times). Connection settings in the connectivity profile on the 770? I have it set for packet data and GPRS.

Something about the cab on the phone isn't installed properly. If it were, I would imagine I would see that DUN was available via the 770 connection status when the devices are paired via bluetooth. i only see this when I have pdanet installed and running on the phone.

More suggestions?

make sure your connection settings are correct. Mine were wrong the first time. also did you restart the phone.

David,

I don't know if PDANet is WM6 compatible, and odds are that it is interfering with the DUN hack. You should uninstall it and reinstall the DUN hack. Also be sure to remove all partnerships from both devices. Also, you might need to manually apply the hack from the XDA-Dev thread.

Reset the phone and re-pair after all of that. Check the Cingular settings, give it a try and let us know.

Ninja

Hi -

I've done that. I have already uninstalled the PDANet product (and yes, it is WM6 compatible). I also uninstalled the all in one cab from XDA-Dev and reinstalled it as well. The cingular settings you are referring to I assume are those that are in the connectivity profile created on the 770. Those are setup as noted in this thread.

Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
David,

I don't know if PDANet is WM6 compatible, and odds are that it is interfering with the DUN hack. You should uninstall it and reinstall the DUN hack. Also be sure to remove all partnerships from both devices. Also, you might need to manually apply the hack from the XDA-Dev thread.

Reset the phone and re-pair after all of that. Check the Cingular settings, give it a try and let us know.

Ninja

I think you might need WM6 on your 8525 go to the website I posted up top blackmajik