Active Topics

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Arkansas, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I am still suspicious that the battery isn't fully charged. This is why it's good to have a spare battery and independent charger. If that's not the problem, I don't have any other ideas.
I just charged it before the last time I flashed (which was at the time of my last post where it's mentioned) and it was green. However, even though it's an OEM battery (it seems legit according to Nokia's genuineness test anyway), Giulia bought it on Amazon from a third-party distributor. I'm a little wary that it might not be as good as a brand new battery straight from Nokia. So, do you think a low charge might be the culprit of the loop?

Originally Posted by brushstroke12 View Post
I just charged it before the last time I flashed (which was at the time of my last post where it's mentioned) and it was green. However, even though it's an OEM battery (it seems legit according to Nokia's genuineness test anyway), Giulia bought it on Amazon from a third-party distributor. I'm a little wary that it might not be as good as a brand new battery straight from Nokia. So, do you think a low charge might be the culprit of the loop?
i have same problem with my second unit. as soon as i close the slider keyboard phone reboots but it also does reboot without sliding it in, sliding keyboard makes it instant.. i have tried reflash like 20 time so far. but to no avail. i am out of warranty so i do not know what to do either.
by the way i got my second unit the same way you got they sent me twice and both had different imei than what i had sent in.

Well, damn. After it rebooted from the desktop the last time it wouldn't go back. It just got stuck at the white Nokia screen and shut off. It won't respond to my charger now any more either.

I believe it's officially busted. I'm not sure why it kept rebooting like that but it also was giving a memory error. They sent a defective refurbished product as a "replacement" so to speak. This isn't on me because I hadn't started doing so much as touching or playing with the phone until I received a battery and immediately joined this forum afterward.

What do you think would Nokia do if I told them they sent me a clearly defective product as a replacement? I have the IMEI number of her original defective phone and the shipping receipt which shows this phone's and her old one's information, and she could easily send me a scanned copy of her purchase receipt. See where I'm going with this? Hehe.

Last edited by brushstroke12; 2011-04-14 at 14:07.

dont push ur luck

Originally Posted by brushstroke12 View Post
I believe it's officially busted. I'm not sure why it kept rebooting like that but it also was giving a memory error. They sent a defective refurbished product as a "replacement" so to speak. This isn't on me because I hadn't started doing so much as touching or playing with the phone until I received a battery and immediately joined this forum afterward.

What do you think would Nokia do if I told them they sent me a clearly defective product as a replacement? I have the IMEI number of her original defective phone and the shipping receipt which shows this phone's and her old one's information, and she could easily send me a scanned copy of her purchase receipt. See where I'm going with this? Hehe.

Charge your battery to full using some other phone.
Once you have it charged,
Remove the battery out of your N900. Connect the USB.
Use this command to flash fiasco image-
flasher-3.5.exe -F C:\fiasco.bin -f
(replace C:\fiasco.bin with the right location of your fiasco image and file name)
Once you have executed the command on command promt and it is waiting for the device, connect the battery and start pressing "u" on the keyboard.
Once, the fiasco image is flashed, do not turn off your phone. do not remove the usb. Use this command to flash the emmc image now-
flasher-3.5.exe -F C:\emmc.bin -f -R
Again, replace C:\emmc.bin with the right parameters.
Once, emmc is flashed, your phone will restart and it might start working fine.