Active Topics

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post

Did I set off a bs bingo detector yet?

Nope, no bingo here. Althought the meter does suggest you are well on your way to being a politician.

I should think it clear that maemo has peaked and is now on the down slope. Meego, if it ever gets going will only draw off talent from what remains and hasten the decline. That doesn't mean I expect to find my n900 suddenly useless, as I plan on using it for the next year or so. However, it has already gone from a primary internet device to a phone/secondary device. Many of the things it was used for have moved on to a better experience on an android tablet.

At any rate best of luck to the next council deflecting the detractors and keeping the lights on.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
My apologies; I had thought I had made my intentions clear: if there were only 4 candidates by the deadline, I would stand. If a fifth other than myself announced before the deadline, then I would not.
Just to clarify: Without your conditional nomination under the current conditions we would have a vote to elect a 3-member council out of the 4 candidates. With it, in either case (at least without a 6th candidate) we have 5 "candidates" which all get appointed automatically.

Is this your intention?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Just to clarify: Without your conditional nomination under the current conditions we would have a vote to elect a 3-member council out of the 4 candidates. With it, in either case (at least without a 6th candidate) we have 5 "candidates" which all get appointed automatically.

Is this your intention?
The intention was to enable that 4th person to serve, and to have a full council. Nothing sinister or devious intended.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: