Active Topics

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Did you do a full reflash, root+optfs?

Several people had this problem and flashing fixed it. In my case, root only does the trick, but it might have something in opt.

Do a correct flash with the appropriate image (for full reflash I recommend you download PR1.3). After reflash, boot it up. Does it complain about it at first boot? And I do mean first boot not first boot + a few necessities.

If so, you might have a bad block on root, which is what I suspected on my device. If you can't even reflash root without the error, you could either return it to Nokia Care or attempt something fun, like downloading a backup from another user, a tar from BackupMenu v3.4+ and boot with telephony disabled. Install BM, copy the tar on the SD and attempt a restore over the badly flashed image, twice. The first one will force UBI to mark bad blocks and the second will be pristine.

If this sounds too complicated for you, it probably is and you should return it to Nokia. They can't return it to you if it doesn't boot right. Mine only did this after some programs got installed, so it's not like I can test it in the shop.
yeah, it happens directly after a new flash. first boot.

i used to be able to fix it after a bunch of reboots, then, after a reflash, but then it got progressively worse. and now i cant seem to fix it with a flash at all.

the other problem is, i cant return it to nokia care, cause they wont cover a phone that is purchased in a different country. as i live in australia, and, i got it from hong kong...only 3 months old.

so, i guess the last option i have, is to used backupmenu, which i havent used, but, it seems simple enough.

do you have a backup at all i could use on my phone, which would work at all?

i guess if that doesnt work in the end, i might aswell throw it out, and get a new one...

thanks for the help

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
That's silly, a Nokia warranty is honored by Nokia everywhere. I had phones purchased in other countries. I had a phone bought in Romania and serviced in Egypt.

If not, mail it back, it'd be cheaper.

And finally, if you don't want it, don't throw it. I'll gladly take it off your hands. Really.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

I have exactly the same problem and symptoms as akalepro.

I reflashed using 770Flasher on Mac OS X (as described here). The flashing worked but the telephony functions are still missing because of the "communication error".

What to do?

edit/complement: the original install of PR 1.3 - that failed - was made through the Ovi suite on Vista.

Last edited by subtruth; 2010-10-29 at 19:31.

Hmmm, do you people have the enhanced kernel or had the enhanced kernel? I had some broken kernel modules, maybe it was that?

Hi All

I had this exact same problem. In the end I remove the SD card (which was completely full) and the problem went away. I have yet to try putting it back in - but i will delete some data and reformat/replace it if necessary.

I hope this helps someone else out there - let me know!

Cheers

Dan

that you guys now "finally" get all these problems
I have these problems from the beginning (and i started some threads asking if others have the same problem, but not to many replied back then)
So i think i had this problems november/december last year already..

Its been to the service centre once because a reboot, a battery in/out and flashing (didnt work anymore) couldnt fix it.
I got my exact same phone back completely flashed but still it happens now and then

For me it doesnt matter if i have the power kernel or the stock 1.2 kernel

Now with 1.3 i also had it now once or twice (last saturday evening was the last event) but if i now flash to power kernel i have it straight away and i have to reinstall the normal 1.3 kernel..

Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
Now with 1.3 i also had it now once or twice (last saturday evening was the last event) but if i now flash to power kernel i have it straight away and i have to reinstall the normal 1.3 kernel..
It's definitely not related to power kernel, but it might just be related to kernel modules. For example, before I reinstalled all modules, a kernel module caused the instability. For example, SMB refused to work right and eventually caused the Telephony issue.

Now that they have been reinstalled, I no longer have the issue unless I install and run Alarmed (odd, right, it's a Python script).

And I think it;s not just Alarmed, I think it has to do with scheduling commands.

Originally Posted by danway View Post
In the end I remove the SD card (which was completely full) and the problem went away.
No idea why this would work, but not my problem, definitely. I have a 16G SD with about 12G free. And I had this card since purchase, 11-12 months ago.

Right now the only thing that crashes it is installing Alarmed and scheduling a command every hour. It works, but next reboot cores it.

Odd thing is, if installed and never started I think it survives.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
So the yellow telephony functions disabled message was appearing now and then, not too often, but enough to become an annoyance however I cleaned the sim and connector pins and bent them ever so slightly and that seemed to do the trick for awhile. But then all of a sudden yesterday the red slash over the sim card wouldn't go away and popping in and out the battery and sim wasn't working anymore. I went home and did a flash (emmc and fiasco), however everytime I went to the fiasco section, it would say:

Sending and flashing rootfs image (185856 kB)...
100% (185856 of 185856 kB, avg. 11460 kB/s)
Finishing flashing... done
CMT flashing failed

I searched around more, read up other possibilities I could do, like a cold flash, which the process worked, but still no luck with the telephony functions. I'm out of warranty (bought this back in Nov of 09), and I'm wondering if there's any other options I can do, or is my hardware just dead? :\

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
Any help with this?

Btw the device still completely functions, its just the sim card issue :\ Has anyone had any luck with this? I read another thread this might be a radio module issue, is there anyway of fixing this manually myself?

Originally Posted by charbar View Post
Sending and flashing rootfs image (185856 kB)...
100% (185856 of 185856 kB, avg. 11460 kB/s)
Finishing flashing... done
CMT flashing failed
This was the exact failure message I had.
I took mine to a service centre and they flashed it with their special Nokia software and got it working for an hour, then it continously showed the red slash through the SIM card.
After that I returned it and Nokia replaced the circuit board, all works fine now.