Active Topics

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
it looks like solid gold code had plans for something similar for the 770 but nothing was released.

http://solid.gold.code.googlepages.com/quick.launch

Last edited by Tabster; 2007-03-27 at 02:46.

Thank you Misha, it works great so far!

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I would think it's about time to search the board for your answer or start a new thread instead of crapping here.

Thanks again MishaS for this very useful applet.
Hi YoDude,

Oh, so this thread is for praises only? You mean I cannot post problems/bugs that I encountered with the One Click Launcher here? I would have thought that since the author of the software started this thread, that he/she would want to see feedback (or what you term as "crap", which I feel you are being very rude).

BTW, who made you the king of this thread eh?

Luke

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
Hi YoDude,

Oh, so this thread is for praises only? You mean I cannot post problems/bugs that I encountered with the One Click Launcher here? I would have thought that since the author of the software started this thread, that he/she would want to see feedback (or what you term as "crap", which I feel you are being very rude).

Luke
Sorry if you felt I was rude. I tried not to be. Thread crap is a common forum term for re-directing a thread by posting off topic questions.

I was following this thread on this new application and when I returned to it I found that it had veared toward explaning the workings of the statusbar clock and the Control Panel Applets.

This is something that has been covered in other threads and your post came right in the middle of that off topic banter. At first read it looked to be another redirect about scummvm. If this was not the case, I appologize.

My reply was not about ego, it was about keeping this board as a useful reference tool for all.

So in that light, where are you seeing this "list"...
Originally Posted by luketoh
scummvm appeared as the 1st item on my list, however, i cannot tick that box. Also, the last checkbox (bottom of the list) appears without a name and also cannot be ticked.
...?

In "Control Panel > Navigation > Status bar"
or;
in "Home > Applet settings > Launcher settings"

Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
Hi YoDude,

Luke
Luke - I have the same issue. There is one app I want to add to the launcher bar -- the hp42 calculator -- and there is a check box for it in the launcher settings, but tapping doesn't make the box change to being 'checked'. Every other app I have wanted to add to the bar, the check box works fine. I also have your issue with blank lines that have only check boxes -- no text.

Other than that, the launcher works great [there, maybe that last bit will keep the thread cops at bay...]

So in that light, where are you seeing this "list"...

...?

In "Control Panel > Navigation > Status bar"
or;
in "Home > Applet settings > Launcher settings"
I quite clearly understood that he meant Applet settings > Launcher settings, considering that's what this thread is about. As far as I know, you CAN'T put normal applications in the status bar.

His post was not offtopic at all.

R.
==

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Misha, this is an amazing little gem of an app, and might very well once be looked upon as one of the cornerstones of the Nokia UMPC platform (unless penguinbait gets KDE polished off, that is).

Just one question: Is there any method in why certain apps refuse to let them be selected for the launchbar?

And -- well, just two questions then -- do you think it will be possible to get control elements, like the Bluetooth icon, in the bar? That would make it even more awesome.

Also -- three!! questions. This is rapidly turning into the Spanish Inquisition -- a minor nitpick: Is it possible to make the arrows (for moving icons) repetitive, so that the user doesn't have to click and click again? I have a lot of stuff loaded on my Numpc.

But, like I said: amazing!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by rickh View Post
I quite clearly understood that he meant Applet settings > Launcher settings, considering that's what this thread is about. As far as I know, you CAN'T put normal applications in the status bar.

His post was not offtopic at all.

R.
==
I realized that and appologized...

Originally Posted by Clay
Other than that, the launcher works great [there, maybe that last bit will keep the thread cops at bay...
Yeeesh, tough crowd.

To maybe shed some more light. I also had the blank space but after auditing my apps I found that all were their so I assumed the space represented the app itself showing up in whatever log it uses for the device inventory. The only app that could be checked but doesn't show up on the Launcher Bar, is Minimo. This is also the only app that I have that is still in development and not completly hildonized.

Any app that came from Nokia seems to be there, is selectable, and shows up on the applets home screen launcher.

Is there anybody with more than 1 blank line?
What other apps besides;

scummvm
hp42 calculator
Minimo (is selectable, but doesn't show itself on the launcher bar.)

...are showing up in the list but are not selectable? Maybe there is some common ground here.

BTW, Miniimo also does not show an icon in "Launcher Settings"

Hi YoDude,

I understand where you're coming from and I'm glad you understand mine as well.

As for the software, it's good. Those were the only bugs that I could find so far. The author did mention about this limitation

if the application does not support d-bus activation, you cannot select it (this will be fixed soon)

Do you think that is the reason for the blank text and some programs being unselectable?

Luke

Is there anybody with more than 1 blank line?
What other apps besides;

scummvm
hp42 calculator
Minimo (is selectable, but doesn't show itself on the launcher bar.)

...are showing up in the list but are not selectable? Maybe there is some common ground here.
I have two blank lines. Also, for me, the app 'password safe' shows up in the list but is not selectable.