Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Pengman View Post

You are obviously both right. There are no (good) technical reason why the user should not pick the location of the books. It was simply a shortcut that allowed me to move on at some point.

It is on the list for the next release, which will probably come soon after I figure out how to use github and get an OK from epage for the Diablo version.
Would it be possible to keep the way you use it today as an option? I really like it...

A couple of questions- Would it be possible to have the player stop when callin/ receiving a call?

Why is there a glitch in the sound when you go to the splash-screen? I've noticed this in panucci aswell. Would it be possible to remove the glitch? (I am obviously not a technician...)

Is it possible to give the program authority enough to not aloud any other sounds than the ringtone? I hate it that every sound that is heard overrides nQaap (I play a lot of Mahjong while listening to audiobooks, and every time a game is over, there is a beep that overrides nQaap, and I would love to not hear it!)

A bit unorganized, but I'm tierd!

Thanks!

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
Would it be possible to keep the way you use it today as an option? I really like it...
You referring to the location? My vision for it was it defaults to the current location but you could specify a different one

A couple of questions- Would it be possible to have the player stop when callin/ receiving a call?
I've got some telepathy experience and could implement it

Is it possible to give the program authority enough to not aloud any other sounds than the ringtone? I hate it that every sound that is heard overrides nQaap (I play a lot of Mahjong while listening to audiobooks, and every time a game is over, there is a beep that overrides nQaap, and I would love to not hear it!)
You could put your device in silent mode and one of us could implement the hack to enable audio playback in silent mode.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post

I've got some telepathy experience and could implement it

You could put your device in silent mode and one of us could implement the hack to enable audio playback in silent mode.

This sounds fantastic! I really love Maemo.org... The only things a contribute is in design, but I have never designed software, only magazines, logos etc.

Both the silencing upon call and the playing when silent are things I have wanted too, but have never gotten around to find out how to do.

So If you have pointers or time to spend it would be great.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Pengman View Post
Both the silencing upon call and the playing when silent are things I have wanted too, but have never gotten around to find out how to do.

So If you have pointers or time to spend it would be great.
Silencing upon call can be achieved by listening to the D-Bus signal that is emitted when a call is recieved.

Now, playing in silent mode.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6694

The easiest way for your Python application would be to use the "set program name to FMRadio" hack.

i downloaded it and it's not working, when i tap on it it opens a black window to open the software then it closes and nothing happens!!

Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
i downloaded it and it's not working, when i tap on it it opens a black window to open the software then it closes and nothing happens!!
Have you tried a reboot?

The Following User Says Thank You to Strutten For This Useful Post:
Thanks Strutten.

Would it be possible to implement what is mentioned here? It's all mumbo jumbo to me, but it would add the excellent function of pausing when removing the audiocord.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=117

The Following User Says Thank You to Strutten For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Would it be possible to implement what is mentioned here? It's all mumbo jumbo to me, but it would add the excellent function of pausing when removing the audiocord.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=117
We could always copy the code from Panucci, which begs the question, is nqaa trying to fill a different niche than Panucci or is it meant as direct competition?

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post: