Posts: 64 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Seattleish, WA
Originally Posted by alexjlee View Post
wow, you're right. install by file is failing. bummer.
The version i have on my 800 is reporting itself as:

$ apt-cache show libbluetooth1

Filename: pool/maemo2.0/free/b/bluez-libs/libbluetooth1_2.25-cvs20060428_armel.deb

I guess that it'll only install via the command line( ie, as part of another install) and not the installer directly...
ah-hah! And I was just about to tell you that the 2.0 and 2.1 packages are binary equivalent.

Okay... back to learning how to get a shell prompt. I found the various forum pages and such, I'm trying to get OpenSSH to install.

Thanks for trying Alex!

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Gnuite, it appears that 1.3.2 is working entirely on my n800. I use I-Blue, I tested the proxy, routes, flite, poi. Its looking pretty good. You have to get the right software to support it. Thanks Gnuite, that's all I wanted to say.

OK , one more thing, your gonna love your new tablet, after a few days use.

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
I installed btxfer from a repository. I am not absolutly sure which one because I was entering them one after another and then afterwards looking at the app-installer list and choosing software to install.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
If you switch to "RED PILL" mode in the application installer, you should be able to see the lib and install it. RED PILL mode still works in n800.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
If you switch to "RED PILL" mode in the application installer, you should be able to see the lib and install it. RED PILL mode still works in n800.
As a reference, this thread explains what PB's referring to:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=3840

There's a LOT of stuff in the repositories that you don't normally see.

As I mentioned in my Maemo Mapper v1.3 thread post, I released Maemo Mapper v1.3.3, which might (*fingers crossed*) address some of the issues with installing Maemo Mapper on the n800.

Again, without an n800, I haven't actually been able to test these changes, but they should work, in theory. I would appreciate if someone could test the new release on an actual n800 (just the ability to install and run Maemo Mapper).

Note that you need to have the mistral extras repository set up if you want to install from the Application Manager.

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
As I mentioned in my Maemo Mapper v1.3 thread post, I released Maemo Mapper v1.3.3, which might (*fingers crossed*) address some of the issues with installing Maemo Mapper on the n800.
It worked first time for me! THANK YOU! (I used AppsManager, not command line)

Now I just need to find the map repository!

Originally Posted by midiwall View Post
Now I just need to find the map repository!
Holy crap... NOW I get it!

What a COOL app.

Thanks John!

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2006 @ Paris, FRANCE
Added the extras mistral free repo to my N800 app manager, choosed the proposed maemo mapper 1.3.4 and it looks like it works perfectly. I imported my old maps (just moved my N770 RS-MMC to my N800 with an adapter) and reset my maemo mapper favourite settings. Tested with globalsat BT-359 bluetooth GPS.

gnuite, did you get a developper discount from Nokia yet?

Originally Posted by guerby View Post
gnuite, did you get a developper discount from Nokia yet?
Nope... I don't know whether or not any 3rd party developer has received a discount yet... *shrug*