Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Just in case it was missed last time, are you planning on separating this widget's code out into a library so other apps can use it?
There doesn't seem to be much interest in a seperate library, so i have dropped that idea for now. Whoever is interested in using the widget can do it right now by taking the required source files from gpxview (i'd be helping with that). After two or three people have done that we can try to agree on a function set needed for a unversal map widget. And then i can make the library.

But i won't do that while i am the only user of such a map as i don't want to build something that only suits my own needs and thus isn't used/usable by anybody else.

What applications do you think need a map widget? Perhaps we can directly ask their authors. I already contacted the belltower author but never got a reply, so there's probably no interest.

The Following User Says Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Many n900 users seem to be using gpxview just for its map. So i decided to finally do the move and make a simple stand-alone app from it. You can find it under the name Maep in extras-devel.

Maep has has its own garage project (also named maep) which includes this small map application. This is the bare map and cannot do much more than just displaying your GPS position on a map. But this is supposed to also serve as a starting point for other map based applications.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Florianopolis- BR (Currently in Dresden - DE)
The idea of having a common widget to simplify the developer's life is great...

Any plan for python bindings?

Has anyone got the osm-gps-map python bindings working on fremantle? I tried, the C works ok but when I try to run make on the python bindings I get the following error:

osmgpsmap.override: In function '_wrap_osm_gps_map_download_maps':
osmgpsmap.override:195: error: 'Py_RETURN_NONE' undeclared (first use in this function)
osmgpsmap.override:195: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
osmgpsmap.override:195: error: for each function it appears in.)
osmgpsmap.override: In function '_wrap_osm_gps_map_add_track':
osmgpsmap.override:175: error: 'Py_RETURN_NONE' undeclared (first use in this function)
osmgpsmap.c: At top level:

Any clue?

thanks

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
If maep could track your position then export and display tracks, it would cover 85% of what I use Maemo Mapper for.

Right now there isn't anything on the N900 to track GPS position...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I am the author of osm-gps-map, and to those stumbling on this thread; most/all of the changes (in maep,gpxview,osm2go) from the plain osm-gps-map are being merged upstream.

Please check out the homepage of osm-gps-map where you can build the library and python bindings

http://nzjrs.github.com/osm-gps-map

John

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nzjrs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nzjrs View Post
Hi,

I am the author of osm-gps-map, and to those stumbling on this thread; most/all of the changes (in maep,gpxview,osm2go) from the plain osm-gps-map are being merged upstream.

Please check out the homepage of osm-gps-map where you can build the library and python bindings

http://nzjrs.github.com/osm-gps-map

John
Hi!
I'm trying to make a profile app, which would change profile by location area. And the area would be chosen from a gps map.
I tried osm-gps-map but the osd buttons are really small and i don't get it how to connect to these buttons?

or how could i easily include maep for this!(which look great!)?