I won't be agenious because probably is no way, but anyway even for bt 1 is ok there are lots of phones on the market yet. anyway, i f***ed my susoers file so if somebody can give me an original one will be nice of him .

i managed to go over those error like expecting do on line 8: bla bla, but i broked the sudoers file so now i need a new one, because i set up the permisions for Nokia-49 there over /bin /dev bla bla... and i can't find an original file to try again.

by the way for those users who want blueserial.sh on their phone and want to start trying, make backups of your data before because this is in "don't try at home" area.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
How did you brake your sudoers file?
All you had to do is take the sudo call in the blueserial.sh
You run the script as root anywais why would you want sudo in it....
What are you trying to do?

"root is not in the sudoers file". this is the error if i'm running the script as a rooter. but, from what i've seen cu is working with rfcomm and hciconfig where you are not allowed if you are not a rooter, or hciconfig as well. that's why i tryed to add in sudoers file access to those files for rooter, and for everybody so i don't need to login as rooter anymore to run the script. anyway is not working for me yet, i'm still working on it. and by the way, there's a way to hack in a bluetooth 2 enabled device, everything is on internet, all you need to do is don't sleep

NAME=`sudo hciconfig -a hci0 name | grep Name | cut -f 2 -d "'"`
sudo hciconfig -a hci0 name Charger
sudo rfcomm bind 0 $TARGET 17
sleep 2
cu -l /dev/rfcomm0
sudo rfcomm release 0
sudo hciconfig -a hci0 name $NAME

this is what you find in blueserial.sh i add the rfcomm.o in /dev downloaded from internet and is working for me, i managed to set cu +x and bs.sh but i still don't have too many permission, what i tryed to do infact is to give full rights to anybody on my 770 ( i don't have personal details or any goodies). so i tryed to jump over that error with you are not allowed anyway i managed to do it.

what i don't know is where to copy the cu file

any idea?

Last edited by junioru; 2007-07-30 at 09:29.

now, if i'm edit on blueserial.sh the path where is my cu, full rights et up on it, i get this error
: not foundsh: 8:
:not foundsh: 11:
blueserial.sh:13: Syntax erro: word unexpected (expecting "do")

so. or, i'm doing something wrong, or the shell is not writed properly, or i dont know....

so anybody? i managed to put back my sudoers file but, root is not in the sudoers file, again... what should i do?

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by junioru View Post
so anybody? i managed to put back my sudoers file but, root is not in the sudoers file, again... what should i do?
d00d take the sudo part out from blueserial.sh and that will take care of the rest!!!
root does not need to be in the sudoers files.

hehe ummm im new here and im not very into linux....only used it a couple of times and thats all ive done...ive just bought a nokia 770 OS2006 edition and have tryed to install blue serial onto it...i was wondering if someone could write a tutorials for linux neewbies? thanks v much for all the info u guys have posted so far i just cant make sense of it all.....

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
EDIT
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
one of the biggest problems is moving blueserial.sh and cu to the folder root/usr/bin it says the file cannot be moved to this folder? any ideas why?

regards

Last edited by sirhackalot; 2007-08-11 at 23:21.

Originally Posted by sirhackalot View Post
one of the biggest problems is moving blueserial.sh and cu to the folder root/usr/bin it says the file cannot be moved to this folder? any ideas why?
Yes...you aren't root.

But that doesn't matter. The "cu" utility isn't compiled correctly and won't run anyway. Plus, the blueserial script is NOT general purpose, it was designed to connect to a specific Motorola phone. The channel it tries to use is probably not the same one you'll find SPP on most Bluetooth devices.

wondering if someone could write a tutorials for linux neewbies
serious suggestion, go buy Unix for Dummies ISBN 0-7645-0419-3

it's a good primer, a great place to start ( don't be put off by the title ), check the reviews on Amazon

Hey guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread like this but I only recently came across this blueserial business. Anyways I had the same problems as ye, the cu command not found crap.
So I obtained the source code for uucp (the package which cu comes from) and I compiled it in the maemo sandbox. I copied the newly compiled cu binary to the 770 and typing "./cu --help" actually prints the help messages unlike the old one where I would only get the "cu: not found" message.

I had to edit the blueserial script so that the line which calls cu had "./cu" instead of just "cu" as otherwise I got the old cu not found message.

Now I've come across a new problem, "Permission denied" when it tries to create files in the /usr/ directory. First it was permission denied when doing a mkdir /usr/spool/ so I created the directory manually, then permission denied when doing mkdir /usr/spool/uucp and now its permission denied creating some file in /usr/spool/uucp , which I can't do manually !

It seems as if the script or cu program doesn't have the root permissions when running, even though I run it as root. If any linux guru out there knows a reason for this please let me know !!!

If anyone wants the cu I compiled let me know and I can email it or upload or whatever.

Cheers

EDIT:
I got past the permissions problem with a simple command,
"chmod -R 777 /usr/spool/"
Now the the cu program runs until I get a connection refused message from rfcomm. I'd like to think that I have the blueserial script working correctly and that the only reason I'm getting connection refused is that the phone I'm connecting to (Nokia N70) isn't one that has the bluetooth flaw that allows the hack to work.

The phones it does work on are:
Nokia 6310i(4.06,4.07,4.80,5.10,5.22,5.50,5.51); Motorola V600, V80; Sony Ericsson T610(20R1A081)

I don't have any of those phones so I guess I'll never be able to test it properly. Ah well ! Looks like I'm over a year late with these developements, acvtivity in this forum has really reduced.

Last edited by mickyb99; 2008-09-15 at 21:50. Reason: Status update