Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
the more i poke at maemo-mapper, the more i wish that the center dpad could at least be set to open the manage maps dialog...

also, some way to tune the number of jumps pr press of zoom key (unless i have overlooked some setting in all of the tabs available). i find myself jumping two and two levels more often then not...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Google sat / terrain / etc. downloads have started failing for me too. This started about a month ago; I was hoping the update would fix it.

Hmm.. so I deleted all my repos, and deleted the maps. I started it up and it's using the new format. However now it keeps saving them in /home/MyDocs/maps. Even if I change the folder to /media/mmc1/MaemoMapper it still defaults to /home/MyDocs/maps no matter how many times I set it that way and delete the maps in /home/MyDocs/maps..

Edit: Nevermind it was only traffic.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-03-11 at 03:48.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
When setting up the SQLite repo I used the same URL for Google Street as before. Is this the corect URL?

Yes, it's the same URL. You can tell that your using the new format if the file location doesn't end in .db

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
of all the places to put zoom step controls...

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Google sat / terrain / etc. downloads have started failing for me too. This started about a month ago; I was hoping the update would fix it.
If you are having problems with Google Satellite, please try this URL Format:

http://khm.google.com/kh?v=37&x=%d&y=%d&z=%d

It looks like Google Satellite maps have indeed changed their URL format, now using a format to Google Street maps (i.e. coordinate-based, not quad-tree).

If this works for everyone, I'll update the "Download..." functionality.

Last edited by gnuite; 2009-03-11 at 05:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to gnuite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
didnt work for me, only brought up a stretchd out world map that wouldnt zoom in

Satellite maps might be a lost cause from Google. Theyir spyware-detection algorithms are too sensitive to consider Maemo Mapper requests to be legitimate. I can't even test it in my browser without hitting their "We're sorry" page.

Oh well, there's always Virtual Earth.

Last edited by gnuite; 2009-03-11 at 05:10.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I think your right, was tired of the apparent download limit that it would place...just like their sat maps better though, better resolution.