Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Italy
Originally Posted by handful View Post
It's a web tool for those windows user, that wanted to do themes but didn't have linux to create installable debian packages.

really nice, the application 'taste' like any other tablet/cellphone apps should 'taste'. This kind of programs must be considered like games.
Ill look forward for the source releases and see if I can use some of the code there: screen managments, how it access some os things etc) since I suppoese Gary with liqbase will focus on developing a complete application more than create an usable library.
I would move the setting icon from the main menu (maybe move it to the bottom and make it always accessible) and make the ui a bit more responsive interrupting the 'transitions' effects each time the user generate an event: all the animated GUI's I tried have this problem, I cant tap 3 time fast on something without having to wait the end of the effect between each tap. I dont want to adapt to the application time (and often is impossible to have an idea of how much time is needed for something to happen), the application should adapt to me...

I love the site to create online the deb for the themes. That's really appealing for graphiconly people .
Ill check how easy is to write canola's plugins.

Excellent work

Flip Alarm Clock - 3DMania Theme - Synesthesia - Deluxepain
http://ciroip.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/ciroippolito

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by barbieri View Post
That's because you did the wrong thing copying your ~/.canola/ file to system! See my other comment, please run cnl-rescan-collections manually. It should be generated at postinst/configure, but maybe you have another problem inhibiting it being generated?

Please check you have enough space. As usual, try to run cleanup and have everything removed. It should help.
No problem with space, I run from mmc.
cnl-rescan-collections didn't worked:
/home/user# cnl-rescan-collections
Error: couldn't read plugins information from canola-tuning/plugins.info: 'canola-tuning/plugins.info'

I installed and ran canola2-cleanup then.
It ran apt-get autoremove and uninstalled xmodmap (for some reason it always appeared in autoremove), had to pull it again.

And, by the way, please make canola2-cleanup save the log somewhere, I don't like a scrip messing around with my installation and leaving no traces.

Now canola works, thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Hi, Handful!

I installed the new Canola2. I clicked the icon in Extras, and a little window opened for a moment that said "Canola loading," but nothing more happened.

Then I tried to run Canola cleanup, but it reports, "###ERROR: Unsupported platform, please report."
Hi,

could you please tell me which tablet and which OS version you're using ? You're most likely missing the /etc/osso_software_version file, which probably got erased somehow, and canola2-cleanup uses it in order to figure out which platform you're running.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland, Europe
400x480 videos are still played incorrectly. Canola squeezes them with black bars on both sides whereas mplayer plays them just fine...

Everything else seems much snappier. I really appreciate what you have done. Keep it up

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Recife, Brazil
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
No problem with space, I run from mmc.
cnl-rescan-collections didn't worked:
/home/user# cnl-rescan-collections
Error: couldn't read plugins information from canola-tuning/plugins.info: 'canola-tuning/plugins.info'

I installed and ran canola2-cleanup then.
It ran apt-get autoremove and uninstalled xmodmap (for some reason it always appeared in autoremove), had to pull it again.

And, by the way, please make canola2-cleanup save the log somewhere, I don't like a scrip messing around with my installation and leaving no traces.

Now canola works, thanks.
So for some weird reason canola-tuning were messy. Cleanup removed it.

As for log, it does show execution log, you can save it somewhere or even copy&paste. The scripts are simple shell and can be read by anyone willing to audit it. Actually, The GUI application just takes care to execute this script as root and get output and show in the screen, doing basic color/highlight. You can have it to execute extra commands if you wish, just change the shell script.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Recife, Brazil
Originally Posted by johnnybravo View Post
400x480 videos are still played incorrectly. Canola squeezes them with black bars on both sides whereas mplayer plays them just fine...

Everything else seems much snappier. I really appreciate what you have done. Keep it up
Some videos are played with OSSO media player, while others are played with MPlayer. Please confirm which one is in use, maybe you prefer to use MPlayer for them, in this case just change atabake's config.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland, Europe
I've changed the atabake's config. Works great now. Thanks

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by barbieri View Post
As for log, it does show execution log, you can save it somewhere or even copy&paste. The scripts are simple shell and can be read by anyone willing to audit it. Actually, The GUI application just takes care to execute this script as root and get output and show in the screen, doing basic color/highlight. You can have it to execute extra commands if you wish, just change the shell script.
Yes, I know all that, but the GUI doesn't have a simple save log button, menu for copy/paste, or anything, so the only way to get the log saved is to laboriously highlight it with the keyboard (no way to do it right with the stilus), copy with CTRL-C and paste somewhere else.
It is not that hard to "tee" the output by default to some log file and announce it in the GUI, without requiring the users to audit the script and do it by themselves in advance to running it.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Just an update ran canola-cleanup, rebooted and reinstalled everything, and the videocast folder is there now. Fantastic.

I can now remove videocentre from my tablet - already removed mytube, and vagalume, as Canola is now doing those jobs properly!

Yippee - thanks Marcelo, and the boys. You guys have earned a beer!

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Hi, Handful!

I installed the new Canola2. I clicked the icon in Extras, and a little window opened for a moment that said "Canola loading," but nothing more happened.

Then I tried to run Canola cleanup, but it reports, "###ERROR: Unsupported platform, please report."
Originally Posted by handful View Post

Hi GeraldKo

Are you running chinook repositories on diablo device or vice versa? Can you check :
- which version is installed on your tablet
- which repositories do you have.

That will help us help you. This seems like missing a core component, maybe because you lack a repository?
Marcelo,

I got it going, but maybe this info is worth passing on. I'm on Diablo and had the proper repositories. On my third try, I uninstalled not only Canola2 but, for the first time, I also uninstalled all the Canola themes and plug-ins (Canola YouTube, Canola tune-up, etc.), restarted, installed the latest Canola Beta, restarted; and now it works.