Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by hellhammer View Post
koffice FTW. IIRC, advanced power eats up the battery. do you experience it?
not really. tried it for a few days, uninstalled it for 2 days then reinstalled. no measurable difference.
microb was a bit funky for a while, but after using apt-get commands as in the posts ( sorry, dun remember which post.. apt-get -y remove, apt-get autoclean are 2 of 5 i think), everything was ok.
i've only flashed the device twice since march.

Originally Posted by azizija View Post
for Advance power for sure it drain more battery depending what speed your cpu is overclocked..of course it eats more battery because of usage as power user...better stick with default kernal or just tweak your cpu using QCPUFreq at desired speed or just enable smartreflex for smart power saver,correct me if im wrong..
not experiencing appreciable difference in batt life due to advance power. what used to effect my battery life the most was catorize.. that 1 drink power like a fish!
smartreflex on made my device crash.. startup loop till enhanced kernel started up with standard nokia kernel.
enhanced kernel quite funny for me coz can't do ideal. lv works the best for me, even then only at 850, 1000 or 1100. anything else crashes.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi there! I'm from Penang and have been using the N900 for over 2 months. Very pleased with it so far...and still keeping my fingers crossed for 3G videocall, mobilemaps and some other applications. It was nice to have fMMS to close the gap.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ malaysia
bro joelsk...are sure catorize program can effect battery power??how do you solve it or you just uninstall that app??sorry for asking coz i didnt know about it,can you share some info or fact from other source..thanks bro...

Originally Posted by azizija View Post
bro joelsk...are sure catorize program can effect battery power??how do you solve it or you just uninstall that app??sorry for asking coz i didnt know about it,can you share some info or fact from other source..thanks bro...
the source is maemo.org... Got it off the forum...
It was quite a while ago, so dun remember exactly... power search should find it.
Dramatic improvement after uninstalling catorize...

The Following User Says Thank You to joelsk For This Useful Post:
the issue with catorise is due to a bug in hildon-desktop. if you swing in and out of categories in catorise a few times, your idle cpu consumption goes up to between 4 to 7 percent as opposed to almost nothing (typically less than 3 percent). this causes a drain in the battery.

catorise is not the source of the problem. it is a trigger. the root cause is the bug. i use catorise and there are 2 solutions to this issue.
1. restart hildon-desktop when you notice cpu to be a bit high. you can use top or batterygraph to check this.
2. install a custom build of hildon-desktop. there's one by mohammadag somewhere in the threads here. search for it. remember to pin the app or apt-get upgrade will cause the default buggy hildon-desktop to overwrite the custom build.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I had catorize and uninstalled it. Looks interesting, but not very effective. Most of the stuff downloaded from Ovi just gets dumped in Ovi folder anyway (games, applications, etc).

You could in fact better sort/list your application icons manually (alphabetical, use-frequency, own grouping). Anyway, most of the daily use application should be on your desktop (add shortcut)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
pr 1.2 is buggy for me. i cant custom sort my icons. so all my frequently used apps are on the desktop anyway (despite catorise)

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ malaysia
thanks guys,this info is usefull to others also,and will take note for further action..for catorize its look nice for me,it also have their GUI to manage your app icon into dedicated or desired folder wherever you want..

still thinking to remove it or not..rather than power consumption issues..hurmmm

i don't have the power consumption issue while using catorise as i have installed the custom built hildon-desktop with the bug fix.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post: